Akkodis is seeking an Oracle Database Administrator for an onsite contract-to-hire position. This will require solid experience in Red Hat Linux, Solaris, and Windows OS. The candidate will support multiple database tasks in a dynamic environment, maintaining and managing databases.
• This position is ONSITE in Melbourne, Florida
• On-call schedule rotations are determined by the program. On-call requires this candidate to report onsite with a response time of one-hour maximum.
• This position requires travel to disaster recovery sites and support as needed.
Pay/Salary Range: $59.00-$65.00/hour
Oracle Database Administrator job responsibilities include:
• Database management with Oracle RAC, Grid infrastructure (ASM & Clusterware), Data Guard (logical and physical standby), Oracle Enterprise Manager (strong skills).
• Highly skilled in Oracle database backup/recovery, high availability, data replication solutions, and applying quarterly security patches.
• Strong performance tuning skills to be able to work with development and improve response times of database queries.
• Creation of jobs, stored procedures, and other database activities as needed.
• Control of database security systems and how users interact with the data.
• Documentation of database processes.
• Plan and execute implementations of new data-related applications and systems.
• Review and implement new database designs based on developer requirements.
• Complete system performance tuning and diagnostic-related tasks.
• System health monitoring and proactive correction of issues.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 6 years related experience; or a Masters degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, IT Security or related field, and minimum 4 years related experience.
• Minimum of 4 years of DBA experience.
• Solid overall experience with Oracle DB technologies, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and upgrade/patching including quarterly security patches for RAC, Data Guard Standby, and standalone environments.
• Strong Linux Red Hat experience.
• Experience writing and debugging stored procedures.
• Proven troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent core database administration life cycle skillset from installation to disaster recovery.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
If you are interested in this Oracle Database Administrator job in Melbourne, FL, then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Akkodis go to www.akkodis.com. If you have questions about the position, please contact Zahee Haidar at Zahee.email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term disability insurance, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits, and a 401K plan. Our program provides employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. Available paid leave may include Paid Sick Leave, where required by law; any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law; and Holiday pay upon meeting eligibility criteria. Disclaimer: These benefit offerings do not apply to client-recruited jobs and jobs that are direct hires to a client
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy/
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Pay Details: $59.00 to $65.00 per hour
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. In addition, our associates may be eligible for paid leave including Paid Sick Leave or any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law, as well as Holiday pay where applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.