A Fiber Change Management Analyst opportunity is now available courtesy of Modis!
Assignment Location: Looking for candidates in Rochester, NY - Westborough, MA - Edison, NJ - Melville, NY - Miami, FL. Must be able to work in office on hybrid schedule.
Maintenance Coordination- Internal and Vendor Maintenance Management. MOP Assessment. Maintenance Event Approval. Impact Analysis- Circuit Impact Research, Assessment, and Validation. Conflict Assessment-Internal, External Maintenance & Network Outage Conflict Resolution. Internal, Vendor and Customer Scheduling & Coordination. Research customer Information to ensure each customer is properly notified. Proactive Customer Communication & Notifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- CM Support Line - for logging maintenance progress in the field. Not field based but remote troubleshooting to support calls from technicians in the field.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and clear alarms as reported by our NMS events logs, as a result of Change Management activity.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all Change Management SA inquiries. Various Record Validation Projects.
Hands on Experience and working knowledge within the following areas: SONET, IP protocols and routing, Layer 2 switching, WDM, Dark Fiber services and OTDR testing.3-5 years telecommunications experience required. Good judgment, concentration, and decision-making skills. Display good customer service techniques with a strong commitment to Customer Care, as the customers advocate. Extreme attention to detail. Good organizational skills. Ability to multitask. Must possess a positive attitude. Cross functional team player.
- Two (2) to four (4) years related Service Provider experience highly preferred or similar field.
- Knowledge of Cisco routers and switches Cisco ONSLucent DMXJuniper MX and EX series.
- Familiarity with MRV and experience with BGP, IPv6, and or JUNOS a plus.
- Solid experience with standard MS Office Product Set.
- NMS alarm monitoring.
- Working Knowledge within a Circuit Inventory System- IE. OSP Insight and Netcracker, NOC or Ops experience is a need in this role.
- Knowledge of Nortel 6500/5200Lambda Unite, Infinera.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Contact me at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records