A Commodity Manager II - Capital Equipment job with a leading Technology Company located in Milpitas is available courtesy of Modis Engineering. In this position, the Commodity Manager will assume a role in the US Engineering Sourcing organization and focus on supporting Lab Equipment, Engineering HW and Builds needs and focus on identifying, developing, and managing relationships with existing and potential suppliers to meet the established cost, quality, and delivery targets. This is a 6 months assignment with potential to hire FT based on performance
The individual will collaborate with Engineering, legal, and Quality to identify and drive cost reduction / avoidance activities. The individual must possess exceptional interpersonal / team building skills including ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on some multi-functional teams.
The individual also will be expected to drive change and respond to shifting priorities and business needs by identifying, developing, and promoting new technologies, methods and processes. The individual will present opportunities, analysis, observations, and recommendations to the Senior Manager, after working with all stakeholders globally, to address all aspects of procurement management for Lab Equipment, Engineering HW and Builds in the USA.
In this position, the individual will work with all stakeholders to address all aspects of procurement management for services, goods, including procurement support, supplier management, supply-base strategy, market trends assessment, pricing, etc.
Commodity Manager job responsibilities include:
- Aid with negotiation with suppliers to achieve quarterly and yearly cost reduction.
- Negotiate legal contracts such as NDA, TPA with suppliers.
- Coordinate procurement activities with manufacturing, quality, planning and engineering departments.
- Monitor commodity market trends; effectively reflect market dynamic in terms of supply, cost, etc.
- Perform cost analysis for designated commodities.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive cost reduction / avoidance activities for all related procurement services.
- Provide procurement advice and counsel to functional management on critical sourcing issues.
- Present alternatives and risks associated with potential sourcing decisions.
- Prepare detailed business/financial analysis which leads to final sourcing decisions.
- Manage a category that has a direct impact on company's business revenue and profit, impacts and implements procurement business plans in support of major products or programs; monitors and measures the results to ensure the organizations objectives of quality, cost, delivery and profitability are achieved.
- Develop moderately complex dollar/risk proposals/contracts; and integrates highly technical concepts and objectives into contractual terms and conditions.
- Through data analysis, the individual will calculate, build and present reports including Lab equipment KPI's, Monthly/Quarterly area spend and savings or supplier Open PO's.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans, Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records