A 12-month Software DevOps Engineer job in San Jose, CA is currently available through Modis Engineering, formally Adecco group. This for an excellent, global renowned client. The salary for the job is $65 per hour.
We are a small team of highly visible Software Architects that lead high-level design discussions, ensures architectural alignment across domains and provide technical oversight for SaaS, PaaS and IaaS architectures.
We are continually identifying new opportunities to help meet our customers’ needs and bring innovative solutions to the market, as trusted advisors we collaborate cross functionally with domain subject matter experts, technical leaders and executive stakeholders.
Who You'll Work With
The Enterprise Networking (EN) Engineering group develops software across the routing, switching, and wireless platform portfolio at Cisco. EN is investing significantly to transform the future of networking for our customers. The EN Architecture Team enables the success of EN by driving software & network architecture, influencing and harboring innovative projects, strengthen and evolve existing product family.
What You'll Do
In this highly visible role, you will be working alongside some of the senior most engineers in the industry leading in the design, architecture and implementation of broad technical solutions, creating and influencing architectural strategy, lead projects that involve creating technical assets across various division in Cisco and external Partners.
Who You Are?
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact. More than any other quality, we are looking for those driven by the challenge of solving unique and difficult technical problems, those who excel when given creative freedom, and those who aren't afraid to dive into new territory (technical or otherwise) and learn something new. You should have a good sense of product design, and be willing to work in small, self-organizing teams. If you are looking to excel in a fast paced environment creating cutting edge network management solutions, this job's for you!
Hands-on experience with a broad mix of technologies including:
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills: ability to communicate technology strategy and architecture approach to engineers, executives, and Cisco customers.
- 2–3 years focused on developing and deployment of applications to multi-cloud environments (AWS/Azure/GCP) and their supporting infrastructures.
- 3-4 years software development experience in GoLang/Java/Python (hands-on skills will be tested)
- 2+ years of experience in network orchestration, configuration management platforms (Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar)
- 2+ years of experience in core network/cloud networking technologies, including routing, switching, implementation and design.
- Experience in deploying distributed applications at scale in public cloud (AWS and/or Azure)
- Expertise in testing container technologies and working with containerized software using docker, kubernetes
- Experience in the design and development of cloud-native scaled out and distributed applications that leverage micro service architecture, REST APIs, relational and NoSQL stores, strong tooling, monitoring, and cloud management experience
- Ideal candidate will have at least 3-4 years of experience in enterprise environments.
- Lead and deliver platform security related strategy initiatives based upon an understanding of current security trends
- Recommend solutions / approaches / architectures / technologies to address our DevOps needs, including continuous deployment, instance provisioning, system/application/network monitoring, etc.
- Able to learn complex technologies quickly, work in a fast-paced, team-driven environment
- Deliver results in a short time and experience working in fast paced high growth tech companies with the ability to take up variety of roles in a startup environment
If you are interested in this Software DevOps engineer job, then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Modis Engineering www.modis.com. If you have questions about the position, please contact Pragya Jain at 408-962-4980 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled