Akkodis is looking for a Field Engineer for a contract position in Minneapolis, MN.
12-month contract with possible extension
Location: Onsite Minneapolis, MN
Pay rate: $22.25/hourly
An Account Support Field Engineer will be responsible for resolving hardware and infrastructure (servers, storage, and network) issues using system analysis techniques and procedures in support of data centers.Responsibilities:
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve issues within IT infrastructure including & Multi-Vendor Enterprise systems, servers, storage, and networking.
- Understanding of a Data Center IT Operations environment and the knowledge to use software tools to perform day-to-day functions and troubleshooting.
- Able to perform high volume/low impact tasks in an efficient and knowledgeable manner.
- Provide installation and or break/fix support including component replacement and hardware troubleshooting.
- Able to proficiently perform data center support tasks with little guidance.
- Demonstrate hands-on practical knowledge of systems and policies.
- Operational management tasks include working to resolve escalations, and clearing blocking issues to enable continued delivery of datacenter support activities.
- MUST BE A US CITIZEN, with a valid driver license, car insurance and mailing address.
- Able to work with a pallet jack and data center server lifting tools. Must be able to lift to 40 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time without assistance.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have mechanical aptitude and ability to follow procedures to make component level repairs using ESD best practices.
- Requires good understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job.
- Must be familiar with basic Microsoft Office products.
- Must possess written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be organized and able to document daily activities.
- Ability to maintain successful communication and working relationships with management, peers, and customers at all levels.
- Ability to work both solo and within a team structure.
- Must be willing to work outside of standard business hours and weekends.
- Open to travel for out of state projects.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- A basic understanding of Storage theory, Server layout and Network concepts is a plus.
- 1-3 years of technical experience is a plus.
resolving hardware and infrastructure (servers, storage, and network) issues
If you are interested in this Field Engineer, then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Akkodis go to www.akkodis.com. If you have questions about the position, please contact Luke Fannin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term disability insurance, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits and 401K plan. Our program provides employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. Available paid leave may include Paid Sick Leave, where required by law; any other paid leave required by Federal, State or local law; and Holiday pay upon meeting eligibility criteria. Disclaimer: These benefit offerings do not apply to client-recruited jobs and jobs which are direct hire to a client
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy/
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Pay Details: $22.25 per hour
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. In addition, our associates may be eligible for paid leave including Paid Sick Leave or any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law, as well as Holiday pay where applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.