Help Desk - Proficient
Position Purpose: A Proficient Help Desk technician acts as the first point of contact for technical support. Resolves basic technical problems via telephone and/or written correspondence or electronic media. May have to work on a help desk system or a problem management database. Required to maintain a log of actions and client communication. Escalates more complex problems or may provide support under general supervision. Communicates with customers and will possess a wide range of technical competency and communication skills.
- Provide an exceptional customer experience while multitasking through multiple technology systems.
- Assist clients with online registrations, passwords, access, navigation, tax downloads, and account settings.
- Troubleshoot, and when required, escalate website access and download issues.
- Providing support for all end user hardware and software including the operating systems, office applications, various custom applications, printers, etc.
- Support Windows 7; Peregrine tickets; HP Service Manager
- Provide timely resolution of system/application problems as dispatched by the help desk through problem determination, ownership, root cause, problem logging and follow through to completion
- Implement hot fixes, patches, updates (obtaining support from more senior Helpdesk staff, as needed)
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities
- Read technical manuals, dialogue with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support
Knowledge and Experience:
- Certification, college degree or BA in Computer Technology or equivalent training
- 1-2 years experience in call centre or computer customer service
- Hands-on experience in the troubleshooting and break/fix of this equipment
- MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) - W2K stream or above - would be an asset
- MCSA (Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator) - would be an asset
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge and experience on call center management system
- Knowledge of Windows XP/VISTA/2000 and LAN/WAN environment
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite, Blackberry, and MS Outlook
- Advanced knowledge of industry standard hardware/software
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and break/fix of applications and/or hardware
- Ability to read and comprehend specialized technical documentation, as required
- Ability to perform light manual labor, i.e. lifting monitors or PC’s
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent calls/tasks in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication skills and documentation skills
- May have occasional evening and/or weekend work; rotating on-call after hours support
- Customer service orientation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to correctly follow procedures and work independently to achieve results
- Organized, able to prioritize activities with strong time management
- Team player