What You'll Do
We deliver Image Signing clients to securely sign Cisco software with cryptographic assurance & attribution following the Image Signing architecture.
Who You'll Work With
The Security & Trust Organizations Image Signing Client team develops common, security focused solutions to ensure the engineering teams can cryptographically sign all software delivered to our customers. We are responsible for the Image Signing Policy and Standards and provide signing clients used by all teams in Cisco to sign firmware, software, containers, files, etc. Signing assures our customers of our software integrity at installation, startup (boot-up), load time and runtime.
Who You Are
As a Software Signing Security Engineer, you will design, develop, modify, and debug signing client code using python/pytest, Go, or bash. Additional responsibilities include customer support, developing and updating our virtualization environment and automated testing. You are hardworking, highly motivated and eager to affect meaningful impact, and to develop new skills. With a zeal for innovation & learning you are comfortable diving into business & technical subjects outside of your comfort zone
Our requirements for this role:
1. You can produce proof of U.S. Citizenship. No dual citizenship. (Relevant to on-site workers)
2. A B.S in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or EE
3. You have 1-3 Years of Software Development or Test experience using Python and Pytest.
4. Proficiency in one or more secondary programming languages, C, GO or Bash.
5. You possess basic Crypto knowledge and OpenSSL familiarity (desired)
6. You have experience with Linux (primary) and Windows (secondary)
7. You have proficiency with Openstack (preferred), CI/CD pipelines, GitHub and Jenkins.
8. Experience working in an Agile Kanban development process
9. You possess excellent problem solving and troubleshooting/debugging skills
10. A consummate team-player, you possess outstanding listening, collaboration & communication skills
11. You are able to establish and sustain excellent relationships with an extended team
Where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think were old (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but were also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you cant put us in a box!
But Digital Transformation is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Dont care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? Thats cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
- Additional role, initiative and group information:
Note: Provide a background of your organization and your needs for this engagement to be shared with Supplying Agencies to gain a better understanding of your organization and your needs.
ATTENTION SUPPLYING AGENCY: Please ensure that you provide attestation, on the Candidate profile, how each candidate can meet or exceed these requirements. Provide a Rating to attest to how Qualified the candidate is for the Skillset/Qualifications requirements outlined by the Manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records