An Electric Vehicle Principal Engineer for Batteries Powertrain is available courtesy of Modis Engineering. This position is located within our client’s Advanced Powertrain organization and involves leading next-generation electrified powertrain investigative, development and coordination activities. Primary technology area is batteries but also includes motors, controls and architecture. Responsibilities include interfacing with division and purchasing. The person will also work with external research and engineering organizations that are partnered with client.
- Guide the evaluation and selection of battery cells and specification of battery packs and BMS.
- Participate in evaluation and selection of traction motors, power electronics and electric powertrain controls for a full range of commercial vehicle electrification applications from micro hybrids to full EV’s.
- Develop and maintain technology white papers for batteries and other electrified powertrain components.
- Lead bench marking activities, technology evaluation projects, and development of validation standards for electric components, systems and vehicles.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies, tools and methods through interaction with universities, national labs and suppliers.
- Cooperate with purchasing to evaluate and select component and system suppliers.
- Communicate results and recommendations to team and stakeholders on a regular basis and facilitate technology transfer to relevant divisions.
- 4+ years of experience in electric powertrain development/R&D.
- Good understanding of battery cell chemistry, performance and failure modes.
- In-depth experience with battery cell specification, battery module and pack design, thermal management and integration.
- Strong familiarity with traction motors, power electronics, and electric powertrain controls.
- Background in system-level integration and performance.
- Familiarity with electric powertrain simulation tools.
- Experience with leadership of cross-functional technical project teams.
- Previously demonstrated resourcefulness, strong technical knowledge, analytical capability and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- A self-starter with demonstrated high levels of initiative and innovation.
Masters or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Engineering Physics.
If you are interested in this Electric Vehicle Principal Engineer job in Mount Vernon, WA then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available Modis Engineering go to www.Modis.com. If you have questions about the job, please contact Mike Leeson (206)505-6913 or email Mike.Leeson@Modis.com.