Modis Engineering is looking for a Computer Science Instructor for the world's largest search engine company in New York, NY. The Computer Science Instructor will be dynamic and highly motivated to support a program on a mission to build social capital in Black and Latino neighborhoods by developing culturally engaging and community-tech innovation experience for youth. Seeking a Computer Science Coach to the join the team. This is a part-time role (12-20 hours per-week) working Saturdays until January 2020. The rate is $25 to 29.00/hr.
As a Computer Science-Coach you will join an energetic team devoted to increasing access and exposure to Computer Science and Making to underrepresented communities.
- The Computer Science coach will be responsible for facilitating learning experiences designed for students ages 13 -18, to increase their interest, confidence and core skills required to pursue a career in Computer Science.
- Facilitate the instruction for an out of school time program, prepare for lessons, and provide feedback to the education design team.
- Work directly with students and program partners to ensure that they are following our Tech Leader road map; identify areas of strength and weakness of individual students and help them by providing accelerated or supplemental resources.
- Participate in required training and development and apply concepts in the classroom.
- Work with the curriculum design team to develop engaging experiences for students.
- Assist with lab maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related engineering field, or equivalent experience Thorough knowledge of object-oriented programming principles as well as practical knowledge of designing and developing computer programs.
- Culturally oriented and experienced in engaging with underrepresented populations. Enthusiasm for teaching, engaging students, sparking curiosity and creativity.
- Ability to lead students in solving complex problems, testing, debugging, and decomposing abstract concepts.
- Experience with maker-spaces, tinkering, innovation labs, design-thinking, and project-based learning.
- Experience with convergence of computer science/engineering with Art, design, and/or Music. Proficiency in delivering and facilitating Computer Science education experiences using a blended learning model, project-based assignments, media techniques, or online education. Experience teaching in the K-12 environment and differentiating instruction.
If you are interested in this job is in New York, NY then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Modis Engineering, go to www.modis.com. If you have questions about the position, please contact Sundi Martin at 408-328-0770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled