This is a Full-Time role! No Corp to Corp, No EAD, No OPT. Must be in the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City Corridor area for a hyprid role!
Must be in the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City Corridor area for a hyprid role!
The C++ Developer is responsible for researching, designing, coding, testing, and implementing high-quality code. A successful candidate should be adept at building, installing, and configuring custom software for various internet applications and specifically a common gateway interface. They will have strong C++ development skills and must possess a comprehensive knowledge of software programming with special attention to architecture and design requirements.
· Identify anomalies and deviations of standard software system performance, incidents that alter the flow, and the process of system execution.
· Analyze information to determine, recommend, and plan installation of a new system or modification of an existing system.
· Modify existing software to correct errors, adapt it to new hardware, or upgrade interfaces, and improve performance.
· Research and produce product enhancements.
· Fix software issues and code irregularities. Have familiarity with the tools used to test and debug programs and software code. Perform code maintenance, testing, and analysis.
· Utilize collections of code and software packages that capture frequently used routines to help programmers simplify their work.
· Prepare documentation for existing and upcoming products, describing their functionality and composition in such a way that it is understandable for a wide audience with or without technical background and is compliant with defined requirements and standards. Keep documentation up to date.
· Understand and regularly use software version control management systems such as GIT, CVS, or ClearCase. Use extensible web authoring tools.
· Understand project management and the activities which comprise this area. Know the variables implied in project management such as time, resources, requirements, deadlines, and responding to unexpected events.
· Consult with other departments on project status, proposals, or technical issues, such as software system design or maintenance.
· Maintain quality assurance procedures and work with the quality assurance team.
· Complete project assignments within the deadline.
· Prepare reports or correspondence concerning project specifications, activities, or status.
· Mentor and train other developers as needed.
· Stay current about industry developments.
· Other tasks as assigned for successful project completion
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records