Position Summary- Line of Business Test Lead provides direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with testing to ensure that standard processes are followed across the line of business. Provide testing support and thought leadership to ensure overall testing objectives are achieved. Manages and oversees the end to end testing activities such as test estimation, test planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, reporting. LOB Test Lead is responsible for conforming testing processes to Enterprise Quality Engineering standards and supporting the delivery/application teams through the implementation process. The Test Lead will also assist the Test Program Manager in planning and scheduling of various activities such design, development of test scripts, execution and reporting the status.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Design and build testing processes, standards and templates for projects, conforming to EQE standards
* Provide support to delivery/application teams for estimation and analysis
* Analyze detailed systems requirements, in order to verify that programs function according to actual requirements and established guidelines
* Evaluation/selection of appropriate tests, testing methods, etc., leveraging technical expertise to make independent decisions
* Coordinate planning and execution of activities such as design, development and execution of automation and performance tests
* Identify test data, test environment setup and test environment configurations needed to prepare for testing.
* When required, create automated test cases using existing framework leveraging tools such as Selenium and Microfocus UFT, Ranorex
* When required, identifies and documents software and systems defects. Assists in providing solutions to resolve defects. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
* Operate as a member of a scrum, conducting manual and automated testing using Agile, CI/CD development and testing process
* Proactively identify roadblocks and create mitigation plans and work with various teams
* Work within the project team and test team to address issues and report status
* Help to resolve complex problems detected in testing
* Track and report progress of activities
* Schedule and facilitate meetings/discussions with the application teams for planning and addressing any queries or issues
* Decision making opportunities in the areas of functional test coverage, metrics analysis and quality assessment
* Participates in selection of testing tools and approaches. Recommend new products and provide guidance and expertise in their development.
* Help enhance existing automation frameworks by adding new functions.
* Identify re-usable component and define automation approach and drive to completion.
* Manage the flow of information throughout the effort and provide visibility to executives and stakeholders.
* Provide metrics to gauge the efficacy and effectiveness of the testing delivery. Govern the program to ensure the strategy is implemented as envisioned.
* Provide the mechanism to collaborate on knowledge, best practices, innovations across the program.
Specific Job Knowledge & Experience Requirements
* Strong knowledge and expertise of testing processes, techniques, methodologies across manual, automated testing and performance testing
* Responsibilities require analysis of variety of complex options, and ability to make independent decisions on unique or varied matters related to testing
* Experience with Configuration Management principles and tools
* Proven experience with Test Management and Defect Management Tool usage and configuration
* Demonstrated understanding of Quality Control and Quality Assurance
* Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical skills. Good troubleshooting skills. Strong attention to detail required
* Identification, development and utilization of metrics for decision support
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Mentoring skills and experience desired
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. 6 - 10 years of related Test Management and project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.