High-level analyst responsible for gathering, analyzing, documenting, and maintaining data related to security of business applications, interfaces, and reporting environments. Apply standards and best practices to ensure the reported data is accurate, complete, current, understandable, and accessible. Work closely with internal clients, business analysts, and development project teams to resolve information flow and content issues.
Seeking a Data Analytics Consultant with a primary focus in the following areas of job responsibilities:
• Ability to build and foster relationships with internal clients wishing to perform data analytics within their areas of influence
• Ability to document business requirements and develop data process flows and architecture to demonstrate an understanding of these requirements
• Ability to validate data and calculations for accuracy and develop data solutions for reporting of metrics and business insights to target audiences
Team size will vary - highly matrixed environment. Primary teammates will include teammates within Cyber (Cyber Data Intelligence Team, Cyber Disciplines that include Identity & Access Management, Architecture, Data Protection, Vulnerability management, Security Operations, Governance/Risk/Compliance (GRC), and Portfolio PMO Delivery), along with Business units under the Divisional CIO teams. This position will also partner with teammates in various areas across the organization including Enterprise Data Organization.
Must Have Skills
'The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or Business-related field, or equivalent education and related training.
2. Two years in a role of data analysis, statistical analysis, data transformation, data reconciliation and/or sophisticated data presentation, or equivalent education and related training.
3. Familiarity in using data analysis tools.
4. Strong issue and problem management, including root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills.
6. Ability to perform analysis with little/no direction, proactively identify potential issues in the data and conduct research to determine the best course of action to correct the data.
7. Strong technical documentation skills.
8. Ability to work with multiple areas in the Bank to determine business objectives and data requirements.
9. Ability to work independently or as a member of a team.
10. Strong technical leadership skills.
11. Ability to interpret data that is not well defined or documented and develop recommendations based on findings.
12. Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with management, peers and Information Security staff members.
13. Strong presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
14. Ability to direct other team members and train others.
15. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, and Microsoft SQL Server (or similar).
16. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight.
Nice to have
1. A master’s degree in a data science-related field.
2. Experience building new dashboards in business intelligence tools, preferably Tableau.
3. Familiarity with different components of an Information Security Program to understand how to successfully correlate disparate logs and cyber related data to accurately identify trends, behavior baselines, and outliers that represent possible risks.
4. RDBS experience, preferably in SSMS and SSIS.
5. Expertise in testing practices and iterative development.
6. An understanding of Lean and Agile methodologies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Understand the organizations business systems and assist in process design and documentation for new technology initiatives.
2. Build wireframes, prototypes, data visualizations and process flows to drive business decisions.
2. Engage with associates across the enterprise to understand their needs from a business analytics and data visualization perspective.
3. Recommend and help facilitate quality improvements as they become evident in day to day activities.
4. Assist in instructing, directing and reviewing work of other team members to improve overall product output.
5. Stay current with emerging technologies; their strengths and weaknesses and their application to business solutions.
6. Provide production support on current dashboards and deliverables to internal clients across the enterprise.
7. Gather, review, analyze, profile, validate and map system data into the data warehouse to meet cyber security reporting and analytical needs.
8. Perform data analysis and troubleshooting on security data ingestion issues reported by production support and other teams.
9. Develop solutions and recommendations for improving data integrity issues. Analyze data issues and work with development teams for problem resolutions. Identify problematic areas and conduct research to determine the best course of action to correct the data, identify, analyze and interpret trends and patterns in complex datasets.
10. Work with developers to test and validate data attributes and with other business analysts to ensure data is integrated consistently, regardless of the source system.
11. Work with source system business analysts to understand system and log nuances and resolve data issues.
12. Take ownership of reporting issues through resolution, including close coordination between business representatives, IT staff, and data warehouse administrators.
13. Create and maintain clean, clear, and accurate data and data mapping.
14. Create and maintain best practices around data analytics.
15. Understand data governance principles and how they apply to appropriate information security best practices.
16. Create quality metrics and scorecards.
17. Develop dynamic and static dashboards or views to enhance risk awareness.
18. Perform regular audits of data.
Contact Allen Davis at Allen.Davis@Modis.com