Akkodis is seeking a Design/Project Engineer-BEV Charging System for a Direct Hire role in Renton, WA.
Design / Project Engineer – BEV Charging System Zero Emissions department is focused on new technologies such as battery electric, hydrogen fuel cell electric, and advanced vehicle concepts that eliminate harmful emissions in the heavy and medium duty transportation industries. Our mission is to create the world’s best zero emissions products for our customers, and our communities. Our teams are comprised of bright minds, friendly personalities, and we thrive on engaging collaboration that delivers top performing trucks.
Recently been awarded a grant for the Super Truck 3 program through the Department of
Energy Vehicle Technology Office. The grant program will focus on the demonstration of battery electric vehicle (BEV) technologies in a real-world fleet operation starting with currently available technologies, progressing to next generation designs, and ending with future technology demonstrations. If you want to be a part of the team shaping the future of zero emissions commercial vehicles, this is the role for you.
Salary range: $89,900- $140,600
This specific role is focused on the integration of high-power charging systems into a small fleet of
demonstration and engineering development trucks. This engineer will work closely with the components
team to create a vehicle charging system capable of fast-charging current and future commercial trucks.
Successful delivery will require insight and consideration of battery charging capability, cable sizing,
fusing, bussing, and thermal management to design and implement the overall system. Alongside system
level development, this role will support the design and retrofit activities into the evaluation trucks.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
• Construct the system level charging performance targets and capability through collaboration with
• Support current implementation and future development in the vehicle side charging space to
make products work with a variety of charging stations (EVSEs) and other equipment
• Support the design of mechanical, electrical and thermal components for integration of next
generation charging systems including MegaWatt level capability.
• In collaboration with components team, drive component specifications to align with vehicle and
• Create HV and LV architecture diagrams, harness drawings, and controls architecture diagrams.
• Build and support a small fleet field trial that demonstrates and measures the impact of improved
charging system capabilities in customer operations.
• Support and contribute to the product development roadmap for advanced electric vehicle
technologies through collaboration with suppliers and colleagues across the global
• Provide written and verbal updates to communicate status, changes, risks/gaps to vehicle
program timelines and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Less than 25% travel
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required.
• Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Business is preferred.• 5-7 years’ experience in aviation and or automotive engineering translating new ideas and
concepts into prototypes through detailed design processes is required.
• Experience with hands-on assembly and operation of prototype vehicles is preferred.
• Experience with electric vehicles or high voltage electric systems preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate across diverse teams to meet objectives and timelines.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to deliver technical presentations
and written reports to diverse audiences.
• Willingness to grow personally and professionally, ready to learn and make use of new processes
and techniques. Be resourceful with problem solving approach.
• Willingness to be outgoing, engaging, with a demonstrated passion to deliver top quality results.
As an employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
• 401k with up to a 5% company match
• Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
• Comprehensive paid time off – minimum of 10 paid vacation days (additional days are
provided with additional seniority/years of service), 12 paid holidays, and sick time
• Tuition reimbursement for continued education
• Medical, dental, and vision plans for you and your family
• Flexible spending accounts (FSA) and health savings account (HSA)
• Paid short-and long-term disability programs
• Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more.
If you are interested in this Design/Project Engineer-BEV Charging System for a Direct Hire role in Renton, WA. then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Akkodis go to www.akkodis.com. If you have questions about the position, please contact Misty Fugate at 513-550-2335 or Misty.Fugate@Modis.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term disability insurance, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits and 401K plan. Our program provides employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. Available paid leave may include Paid Sick Leave, where required by law; any other paid leave required by Federal, State or local law; and Holiday pay upon meeting eligibility criteria. Disclaimer: These benefit offerings do not apply to client-recruited jobs and jobs which are direct hire to a client
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy/
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records