Sr. Design / Project Engineer – BEV Electrical Integration and Power Distribution
Modis is excited to share a new Direct Hire role in Renton, WA with a Fortune 500 company that is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands
Senior Design Engineer / Sr. Project Engineer – BEV Electrical Integration and Power Distribution
Zero Emissions department is focused on new technologies such as battery electric,
hydrogen fuel cell electric, and advanced vehicle concepts that eliminate harmful emissions in the heavy
and medium duty transportation industries. Our mission is to create the world’s best zero emissions
products for our customers, and our communities. Our teams are comprised of bright minds, friendly
personalities, and we thrive on engaging collaboration that delivers top performing trucks.
We have recently been awarded a grant for the SuperTruck 3 program through the Department of
Energy Vehicle Technology Office. The grant program will focus on the demonstration of battery electric
vehicle (BEV) technologies in a real-world fleet operation starting with currently available technologies,
progressing to next generation designs, and ending with future technology demonstrations. If you want to
be a part of the team shaping the future of zero emissions commercial vehicles, this is the role for you.
This position on the SuperTruck 3 Vehicle Integration team focuses on the electrical integration at the
vehicle level, including new control systems, low-voltage power distribution, and high-voltage power
electronics. These engineers will collaborate with internal expertise and suppliers to develop efficient
solutions for communication, power distribution, fusing, grounding/bonding, and support prototype vehicle
evaluation through hands-on experience. The role will start with high-level concept generation, transition
to detailed design, and combine supplier deliveries alongside hands-on creation of prototypes to
commission and troubleshoot evaluation trucks.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Lead and deliver the ideation, design, and implementation of systems focused on electrical
integration and power distribution.
- In collaboration with components team, drive component specifications to align with vehicle and
- Create HV architecture diagrams, harness drawings, and controls architecture diagrams.
- Coordinate development activities with prototype suppliers to deliver functional hardware for on-
- Support bench testing and troubleshooting activities including modifying harnesses.
- Support and contribute to the product development roadmap for advanced electric vehicle
technologies through collaboration with suppliers and colleagues across the PACCAR global
- Provide written and verbal updates to communicate status, changes, risks/gaps to vehicle
program timelines and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Less than 25% travel is expected.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering is required.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Business is preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience in power electronics, aviation, or automotive engineering translating new
ideas and concepts into prototypes through detailed design processes is required.• Experience with electrical harness development, and or power distribution is required.
- Knowledge of control systems, diagnostics, and cyber security requirements is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate across diverse teams to meet objectives and timelines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to deliver technical presentations
and written reports to diverse audiences.
- Willingness to grow personally and professionally, ready to learn and make use of new processes
and techniques. Be resourceful with problem-solving approach.
- Willingness to be outgoing, engaging, with a demonstrated passion to deliver top-quality results.
U.S. Salaried Benefits
We offer comprehensive benefits from time of hire through retirement for vested employees and
their families. As a U.S. Salaried employee, you have a full range of benefit options including:
- Medical, Dental and Vision plan options
- Flexible spending accounts and health savings account
- 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar company match up to 5%
- Fully funded pension plan that provides monthly benefits after retirement
- 12 paid holidays, sick and vacation time
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Paid short-and long-term disability program
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- EAP services including wellness plans, estate planning, financial counseling and more.
If you are interested in this role please contact Misty Fugate @ Misty.Fugate@Modis.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy/
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records