Akkodis is seeking a Technology Field Engineer for a client in Reston, VA
Pay rate is $25-$29/HR on W2
Seeking a Technology Field Engineer, to join the Global Information Systems & Communications team. This position will report to the Manager of the End User Support group and will be responsible for regularly reviewing individual targets, ensuring end-to-end ownership of all service incidents and requests.
This will include making sure that all incidents and requests are resolved according to service level agreements, and properly escalated and tracked when necessary.
A Technology Field Engineer must demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and working knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Operating systems as well as knowledge of Active Directory and Azure.
We are looking for self-starters, enthusiastic, approachable with great customer service, able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and want to learn more and find resolutions to issues which may arise.
This role is expected to be on-site 5 days a week in Reston, VA.JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Field incoming help requests via both phone and work orders in a courteous manner.
• Document all requested information in ticketing system, details to troubleshooting steps and resolution.
• Prioritize and schedule incidents and requests by Service Level and utilize our Booking system called “TechTime” to schedule either in-house or remote visits.
• Keep track of recurring issues and create KBs to reflect solutions to problem management incidents.
• Access software updates, drivers, knowledge base, internet searches to aid in problem resolution, and escalate any problems to our Teams chat channel for assistance.
• Resolves technical issues with operating systems, hardware, software, and network connectivity. Answer end-user technology questions on site and provide general information regarding departmental computing policies and service agreements.
• Perform firsthand fixes at the desktop level, including installing, configuring, and troubleshooting desktops, laptops, printers, multifunctional copier/scanners, mobile devices, and upgrading of software.
• Break-fix best practices for workstation hardware, applications, mobility, full network connectivity, and user configuration.
• Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests and provide clear ownership, resolution of incidents assigned by the team to agreed SLAs (Service Level Agreement) and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedure).
• Develop knowledge base articles and guides for end users.
• Collaborates with other teams to help identify root causes of problems and provides feedback to improve processes and technologies.
• Provide project-based support on desktop applications, including install, removals, updates, rollouts, and customizations and integrations relating to the desktop.
• Application packaging, desktop patching; install, upgrade, replace and replace user workstations.
• Maintain inventory, imaging requirements, and update asset management system.
• Contributor for adding knowledge articles for project rollouts and business services.
• Scheduling time with end users using Microsoft Bookings for remote and on-site support.
• Experience with remote support for VIP customers.
• Provides mobile device support.
• Enterprise printing support and issue resolution.
• Install and support Microsoft 365 applications becoming knowledgeable of the products and tools to help support end user questions or issues that may arise.
• Maintaining and troubleshooting VoIP devices, Teams Meeting Room devices (AV equipment), and devices along with them (headset, cameras, sound bars, etc.).
• Follows all IT standard processes and procedures along with monitoring license compliance, while providing ways to also improve process and streamline tasks.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Provides support for Office 365 tools and communicates best practices for use of all core business services.
• Experience with desktop operating systems including Microsoft 10/11 and Mac OS X 12/13.
• Extensive application support experience with Microsoft 365 which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, and Teams and the ability to identify and learn appropriate software used and supported by the organization.
• Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities and systems including Active Directory, Azure AD (Active Directory), Intune, RSA, SCCM, OWA.
• Desktop knowledge must be of both Windows PC, and Apple Mac computers.
• Ensures that all devices meet our security standards regarding encryption, management, and protection prior to connecting them to the network.
• Experience with multi-factor authentication and mobility services using MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) and Intune.
• Installation and security updates for FireEye, Qualys and Trellix/McAfee.
• Troubleshoot application issues, including data encryption, file repair, hard disk diagnostics, and viruses.
• Experience with encryption and management tools using Bit Locker and FileVault.
• Granting Level 1 and 2 Admin access using LAPS UI for hardware and software additions.
• Assisting with connecting from home using Cisco AnyConnect VPN (Virtual Private Network) and/or Citrix. Must possess knowledge of VPN clients and troubleshooting.
• Account configurations for Remote Access.
• Assist with home/hotel and office with PrinterLogic Printing.
• Performs remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
• Ability to absorb and retain information quickly where you can distinguish recurring issues and provide input in stand-up meetings.
• Keen to pay attention to details and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
Highly initiative-taking and directed to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment.
• Ability to articulate and present ideas in a user-friendly language.
• Exceptional customer service orientation and working with a collaborative team environment. Must possess a strong customer-centered philosophy.
• Continuous learning attitude, working with direct manager weekly to walk through status report and discussion items.
• Able to understand technical concepts and can develop ways to help others learn. Ability to solve complex problems with innovative solutions. Ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to understand the client’s business problems and deliver solutions and recommendations to solve quickly and proactively.
• Excellent customer service, technical, organizational, and communication skills -- in person and on the phone; effective listening and team orientation. Able to persuade, influence and negotiate with staff and vendors in critical situations.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
• Preferred bachelor's degree in the field of Computer Science and two years or more related work experience; significant relevant experience can be substituted for formal education.
• ITIL V3 Certification preferred.
• Minimum 2-3 years of hands-on IT experience (Azure AD, On-Premises Active Directory, O365, Windows 10, DNS/DHCP, Microsoft Authenticator) as well as previous experience in Level 2-3 support.
• 2+ years of physical telecom/network experience (Cat 5e/6 cabling, punch down and termination, network rack installation, cable testing and diagnosis, general network troubleshooting).
• Knowledge of Windows 10/11 and Microsoft 365 tools and understanding of Microsoft patching cycles and policies, best practice processes.
• Understanding of Configuration Management, MDM (Mobile Device Management), and Deployment methods with SCCM.
• Experience with muti-factor authentication and mobility services using MFA and Intune.
• Prior experience working in customer service environment, support center or desktop support.
• Excellent computer and customer service and desktop skills with tact in dealing with demanding customers.
• Exceptional deployment methods including inventory control, security baselining, patching, software, and application deployments.
• Experience with an IT Service Management ticketing system using Remedy Helix.
• Perform installs, moves, add, changes and decommission of computer equipment including Data and Application Recovery.
• Knowledge of using remote management tools such as LogMeIn and GotoAssist.
• General knowledge of supporting Apple OSX and iOS with experience of imaging Macs and setting up Mobile devices.
• Ability to plan and prioritize work while responding to rapidly changing priorities.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Team player who enjoys working collaboratively as part of a group as well as working independently to produce results.
• Due to the amount of client interaction - professionalism, punctuality, and a sense of urgency is required.
• Able to interact with clients and colleagues at all organizational levels.
• Able to work independently or in small teams.
• Ability to travel as needed to other office locations.
• Must be able to accommodate a flexible work schedule that may include nights, weekends, or holidays as required.
• Preferred to have an active Help Desk Institute (HDI) Desktop Support Technician (DST) Certification with experience using the Remedy Ticketing system (ARS).
Key Job Requirements:
Experience with Office 365 Tools and can communicate best practices to the end user
Hands-on experience with Windows 10 and 11.
Quick learner with attention to detail, motivated and who is adaptive and prepared to work on multiple projects
The team is also looking for someone who has some knowledge about Apple OS and products.
Additional Soft Skills: a quick learner with attention to detail, motivated, and who is adaptive and prepared to work on multiple projects
If you are interested in this job in then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Akkodis go to www.akkodis.com. . If you have questions about the position, please contact Pragya Jain at 408-962-4980 or email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term disability insurance, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits and 401K plan. Our program provides employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. Available paid leave may include Paid Sick Leave, where required by law; any other paid leave required by Federal, State or local law; and Holiday pay upon meeting eligibility criteria. Disclaimer: These benefit offerings do not apply to client-recruited jobs and jobs which are direct hire to a clientPay Details: $25.00 to $29.00 per hour
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. In addition, our associates may be eligible for paid leave including Paid Sick Leave or any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law, as well as Holiday pay where applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.