JGENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Documents and publishes appropriate architecture principles and standards, position papers, blueprints, best practices, patterns and frameworks.
• Defines, constructs, supports and provides training for enterprise frameworks.
• Defines and maintains a library of functional component models within and across FIS product lines.
• Documents functional product solutions for key FIS product strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
• Documents functional product solutions for key FIS financial services sales opportunities leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line architecture roadmap.
• Maintains a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
• Reviews functional and technical designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
• Acts as the tie breaker on design decisions.
• Documents and communicates opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use, and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
• Communicates system architecture to technical and business audiences.
• Performs other related duties as required.
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education is desired.
Requires the following experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as a minimum to enter any level of IT Architect job:
• Must have led the technology direction for multiple projects and led or presented architecture concepts outside the realm of immediate workgroup
• Demonstrated experience as the application development system designer or technical lead on many very large (i.e., 10,000 hours or more spanning more than 6 months) projects
• May also require one or more of the following experience requirements:
- Five or more years working in a distributed and heterogeneous computing environment (ZOS, UNIX, Windows)
- Five or more years demonstrated experience in working with relational (and/or hierarchical) databases
- Five or more years demonstrated experience in modern software application technologies
- Successful design and implementation of applications in a shared service bureau environment
- Experience in building On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP), batch and reporting systems
- Experience in using Unified Modeling Language (UML) for Object Modeling
- Experience in building robust and scalable infrastructure architectures (telephony systems, network services, web farms, multiple-node systems, etc.)
Job Information Handbook
354 2010 Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. and its subsidiaries.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of FIS products and services
• Knowledge of financial services industry
• In-depth knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (including waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development)
• Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design based tools and techniques including conceptual solution component models, business process models, use cases, etc.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
• Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills
• Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take
• Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects and ensure the project is successfully completed
• Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts
• Willingly and successfully fulfills the role of teacher, mentor and coach
• May require a thorough understanding of design patterns and their application
• May require a thorough understanding of Model-View-Controller design patterns for web applications
• May require a fluency in developing and understanding sequence diagrams, class models, etc.
• May require in-depth knowledge of networking, computing platform, storage, database, security, middleware, network and systems management, and related infrastructure technologies and practices
This position is a hybrid role; Product Owner/ PM/ IT Architect
Operational experience a plus
• Working knowledge of other industry standard programming languages such as Java, C, or SQL
• Working knowledge of any of the following:
Data Validation Web
• Technical operational experience with OmniPlus and related financial applications
• Working knowledge of OmniScript or COBOL, preferably both
• Omni Core business processes using CT control files
• Transaction processing using exits such as MAX calculators, VLDT routines, base events, etc.
• Stand-alone OmniScript execution such as JOBCALC, DDWEB, Event Packets, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records