Rio Hondo, TX
A Civil Engineer job in Rio Hondo, TX is available through Modis. In this role you will oversee the field work done by contractors, maintain documentation of project progess and adhere to code and contract requirements for creation of a new renewable energy facility. The ideal candidate will have experience in civil engineering within the renewable energy realm.
Civil Engineer job responsibilities:
- Oversee the work performed by contractors in the construction of renewable energy facilities.
- Responsible for monitoring of construction quality to ensure that all work is installed in accordance with the plans, specifications, QA/QC requirements, code requirements, contract requirements and good construction practices.
- Participate in daily, weekly and monthly project meetings. Maintain all job specific meeting minutes and necessary logs.
- Create, process, complete and maintain accurate documentation and records associated with the construction site including requests for information, submittals, change orders and drawings.
- Assist in the monitoring of facilitate tie-ins, start-up and testing to ensure proper turnover to operations. Participate in final project demobilization, documentation and close-out activities.
- Oversee the Safety and Environmental compliance of personnel and subcontractors on site during construction in accordance with federal, state and local laws, policies, practices and procedures. Ensure all personnel and subcontractors meet technical and safety training requirements.
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT certification a plus.
- 3+ year civil engineering experience
- Experience in construction of energy facilities or renewable energy industry a must
- Be proficient at Root Cause Analyses to accurately determine failure mode and reason.
- Experience identifying cost reduction opportunities
- Experienced in providing daily reporting requirements as well as KPI reporting.
If you are interested in the Civil Engineer job in Rio Hondo, TX please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Modis visit www.modis.com.