Linux Systems Administrator Job:
Remote, prefer candidates located in New York State
Please no 3rd party or c2c candidates.
The Linux System Engineer manages and administers on-premise and
cloud-based infrastructure services, including virtual infrastructure,
operating systems, storage, maintenance and security patching, backup
and disaster recovery preparedness, and performance monitoring.
Responsibilities of the Linux Systems Administrator Job:
•Provide expertise in on premise virtual infrastructure,
specifically in clustered high availability environments.
- Provides assistance in integrating on premise solutions with
- Orchestrates and automates the deployment of solutions
hosted on both cloud services and on premise
- Leads, advises on and completes proactive performance
monitoring, analysis, alerting, reporting, and tuning.
- Leads, advises on and completes proactive capacity
analysis and provision solutions.
- Leads, advises on and completes maintenance activities
including deploying patches and ensuring that firmware and
software are up to date.
- Leads, advises on and completes incident and problem
analysis, resolution, and follow-up to ensure platform
- Maintains an interoperability Matrix in order to ensure
- Creates, reviews, and maintains technical documentation
including solution designs and reference guides
- Leads discussions of new products and services that will
help enhance the delivery of infrastructure services;
engages vendors as appropriate.
- Prepares necessary paperwork and documentation to
ensure conformance to standards and
- Leads, advises on and completes implementation and
maintenance activities during business hours as well as
outside of business hours.
- Provides 24-hour on-call support when scheduled.
- Serves as a technical escalation point to others serving in
- Maintains a broad knowledge of technology, equipment,
and/or systems. Perform miscellaneous job-related duties
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Qualifications of the Linux Systems Administrator Job
Bachelor's degree in related discipline such as Computer Science,
Business, Data Science, Engineering, or an equivalent combination of
education and experience required.
Over 4 years of related experience required;
For more information or to be considered for the Linux Systems Administrator Job please contact Thomas McCarthy at Thomas.Mccarthy@modis.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records