Software Development Project Manager Job:
Annual Salary Range $80,000-97,500
The Software Development Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and delivery of one or more software projects for the Systems and Software Development group. The role relies on a blend of traditional project management practices with an Agile development approach for projects. We’re looking for a natural leader that is dedicated to leading the team and who exercises strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills in managing multiple competing demands impacting this team.
The Software Development Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and completion of software development projects on time, within budget, and defined scope. The individual will oversee all aspects of projects which include managing requirements, setting timelines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring the progress of the project. Reports and presentations for Senior Management on the status of their projects is also required on a consistent basis.
Responsibilities of the Software Development Project Manager Job :
Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
· Understand client and internal stakeholder needs and priorities and make sure those needs are translated into SMART requirements, prioritized into the appropriate releases, and delivered to meet agreed to client expectations
Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress to be shared with clients as well as internal and external stakeholders
Ensure baselines and subsequent changes to the project risks, issues, scope, performance parameters, schedule and costs are clearly documented
Establish and manage relationships with clients as well as internal and external stakeholders
Implement project review processes to ensure they are continually meeting project requirements on scope, schedule, budget, quality, and other key metrics
Take responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of complex technical projects
Use and continually develop leadership skills
Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs and perform other related duties as assigned
Required Skills/Education of the Software Development Project Manager:
BS/BA in technical or business discipline
Masters degree preferred
5-7 years of experience working in the software project management discipline
Aptitude for technology and ability to connect technical concepts with customer value
Proven working experience in project management with excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
Experience leading the full lifecycle for both Waterfall and Agile software development projects.
Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft 365 suite of tools (Teams, Word, Excel, etc)
· Team player with excellent communications and presentation skills, able to quickly develop internal relationships
· Direct hands-on experience with at least one agile project management tool such as Jira or Azure DevOps.
Desired Skills of the Software Development Project Manager Job in Rochester, NY:
· Strong leadership skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with technical and non-technical management
· Highly conscientious and detail-focused, with a meticulous approach to every aspect of work.
· Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
· Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong ability to build relationships.
· Ability to communicate effectively with Senior Level Business leaders as well as software developers and testers.
· Ability to lead and inspire confidence in others.
· Experience leading the full lifecycle for hybrid Agile-Waterfall software development projects preferred.
· Knowledge and experience with photofinishing and printing preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term disability insurance, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits and 401K plan. Our program provides employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. Available paid leave may include Paid Sick Leave, where required by law; any other paid leave required by Federal, State or local law; and Holiday pay upon meeting eligibility criteria. Disclaimer: These benefit offerings do not apply to client-recruited jobs and jobs which are direct hire to a client
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy/
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.Pay Details: $80,000.00 to $975,000.00 per year
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. In addition, our associates may be eligible for paid leave including Paid Sick Leave or any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law, as well as Holiday pay where applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.