Software Test Engineer position in Rochester, NY (Mostly being onsite with some working remotely):
Software Test Engineer is essential to the quality of any product or solution that is developed. The role requires a thorough understanding of the hardware and software elements that make up the system. This consists of an understanding of the software platforms and environments that are supported and the points within the system where the hardware and software interact. Additionally, integration points with other business processes and operations play a role in the overall system and the quality provided to customers and their experience when interacting with products. The candidate for this position will have an understanding of testing a software solution as well as the individual components of the system.
· Ability to learn quickly and work well independently in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong Communication skills and ability to work directly with development engineers and other QA engineers to understand the solution, document and execute the appropriate test cases.
· Ability to create documentation for test case development, defect tracking and other project documentation deliverables.
· Ability to test to product requirements and plans from existing test cases.
· Ability to capture and accurately document the test results into the company’s systems.
· Experience testing software solutions in a Microsoft Windows environment and operating systems.
· Experience debugging/investigating complex system issues and communicating the findings directly with developers.
· Experience testing RESTful API solutions via tools like Postman/Fiddler or something similar.
· Experience with FTP/sFTP applications: setup and testing.
· Experience with network/networking-based testing.
· Experience with Agile testing methodology.
· Prior Linux testing experience a plus.
Long Term Contract
Expected Annual Income Range $80,000-85,000
For more information or to be considered for the Fully Remote Software Engineer (Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery) Job please contact Jim Tobin at Jim.Tobin@akkodis.comPay Details: $40.00 to $45.00 per hour
Benefit offerings available for our associates include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, EAP program, commuter benefits and a 401K plan. Our benefit offerings provide employees the flexibility to choose the type of coverage that meets their individual needs. In addition, our associates may be eligible for paid leave including Paid Sick Leave or any other paid leave required by Federal, State, or local law, as well as Holiday pay where applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records subject to federal contractor requirements and/or security clearance requirements.