As the Principal Engineer you will be responsible for envisioning, evangelizing, and driving the technical roadmap for our software systems. You will be tasked with investigation and research into software design patterns, architectures and infrastructure, processes, and other new and exciting technologies then leading the implementation efforts of planned solutions. You will work closely with our Development Managers, Agile team members, and other business stakeholders to help us achieve our goals while holding the development teams to a high standard of technical excellence.
Principal Engineer candidates should be able to demonstrate strong technical ability and a significant amount of hands-on experience building and delivering high-quality, maintainable software. Candidates should also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a history of leading the technical design and architecture implementation for both newer cloud-based and legacy on-premises software systems.ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, architect, build and maintain both new and existing software systems.
- Lead architectural design and other technical conversations for projects.
- Write well-documented, maintainable, and performant code.
- Test, debug, and performance-profile code for the front-end, server-side, and database layers.
- Drive unit testing efforts and incorporate tests into build pipelines and CI/CD systems.
- Improve internal development processes, policies, and tooling.
- Research and recommend appropriate industry standards, libraries, frameworks.
- Mentor and train other developers & engineers.
- Direct and engage in code reviews. Present and accept constructive feedback.
- Provide clear, timely, and respectful communications regarding decisions, progress, impediments, and other project information to the team and external stakeholders.
- 10+ years of experience in software development with deep understanding of programming fundamentals and distributed, highly scalable system architectures.
- Advanced level understanding of C#, .NET Framework vs. .NET Core, and MS SQL / T-SQL.
- 3 years of recent experience, minimum, building and deploying solutions leveraging common Azure cloud technologies, e.g., App Services, Functions, Azure SQL, Service Bus, Signal R, Redis.
- Strong understanding of MVC vs MVVM; server-side rendering vs SPA; and RESTful APIs.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline. Graduate’s degree preferred.
- Experience delivering mobile iOS & Android applications using Ionic, NativeScript or Capacitor.
- No direct reports.
Standard office environment, equipment and tasks, including work at a computer terminal. This position requires partial sitting and walking throughout the day. Employee must be open to work overtime to complete assigned tasks.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records