At Modis, we use our insight, knowledge and global resources to make exceptional connections every day. With 60 branch offices located strategically throughout North America, we are positioned perfectly to deliver the industry's top talent to each of our clients. Clients choose Modis as their workforce partner to solve staffing challenges that range from locating hard-to-find niche talent to completing quick-fill demands.
Position: IMS Database Administrator/Systems Programmer
Long-Term Contract (12-24 months renewed annually)Rate: DOE/Flexible Location: San Bernardino, CA
Modis Burbank is seeking an IMS Administrator/Systems Programmer for a great client in the San Bernardino area. Responsibilities:
- Install, implement, test and tune IMS Database and Transaction manager systems.
- Provide Database Administrator (DBA) Support for application developers.
- Disaster Recovery preparedness for IMS by maintaining and tuning backup and recovery processes.
- Maintain IMS virtualization mapping for IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator and Data Virtualization Manager.
- Work with other DBAs and systems programmers in support of DBA software such as DB2, QMF Shadow direct and other database related products.
Skills and Qualifications:
- IMS DBA to support IMS v15 environment on zOS
- IMS DB and TM running several databases and transactions.
- Knowledge of development lifecycle, PSBs, copy books, and MFSs.
- Knowledge of IMS system administration using IMS consoles, JCL, DL/I, DFSDDLT0, backup and restore, database reorg and pointer checkers.
- Strong knowledge of DBRC, and IMS control and message regions.
- Desirable Skills, but not required:
o Sysview for IMS, ESP, Endevor, or OpsMVS from Broadcom
o File Manager
o Shadow from Rocket software
o Tivoli Decision Support
o IBM DB2 and QMF
Experience and Education:
- Minimum of 5 years as IMS (or DB2) Database Administrator.
- Thirty (30) semester (45 quarter) units of completed, post high-school coursework from an accredited university or technical school in Computer Information Systems, Business/Public Administration, or a closely related field.
The candidate will work business hours and occasional after hours and weekends and also provide on-call support after hours and weekends.
If interested, please apply immediately or email your resume to email@example.com.