A Windows Systems Administrator job in San Diego, California (downtown) is available through Modis. This position involves the design, implementation, and maintenance of the Windows environment and associated systems and software. In addition to operational support the Systems Administrator works with other IT project teams to guide technical strategy, assist with research & development, perform technical analysis and design, and provide infrastructure support during all project phases.
- Associate Degree (or equivalent experience).
- Microsoft certification preferred.
- 3-years' experience as a System Administrator supporting Microsoft Windows Operating systems.
- Experience working with either SCCM or SCOM.
- Proven experience supporting Microsoft Azure and Office 365, Active Directory, Group Policy, Systems Center, Print Services, Windows Servers, SQL Server, Remote Desktop Services, site-to-site VPN, SSL VPN, remote access and network protocols.
- Proven ability to implement, support, and troubleshoot client server software and Windows Server OS
- Experience solving a variety of desktop and user issues, large and small, within an enterprise IT environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to work independently, be detail oriented and organized. Will keep a detailed record of work performed each day.
- Professional appearance, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of corporate management.
- Certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA, e.g.) are a plus, but not a requirement.
The System Administrator will be accountable for the following systems:
- Microsoft Azure Cloud network and infrastructure objects
- System Center Service Manager (SCSM)
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Windows-based Server operating systems
- Microsoft SQL-based Database servers
- PureStorage and EMC VMAX storage platforms
- Active Directory
- Office 365 products
- Airwatch Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Citrix Xenapp/XenDesktop
System Administrator job responsibilities include:
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the host computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
- Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Establishes, maintains and manages user accounts.
- Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
- Installation and management of the host computer operating systems, disk arrays, and storage area network (SAN) devices.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources. Uses tools, procedures, and training sessions for Operations, Client Services, and IT Development staff to assist with work.
- Coordinates IT staff requests with managed service provider data center staff and computer host systems including hardware, software and equipment such as air-conditioning system, UPS (uninterrupted power system) and fire protection system.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for CS to take advantage of new technology.
- Assigned a mobile phone and laptop to support an on-call rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are interested in this System Administrator job in San Diego, California (downtown) then please click APPLY NOW. If you have questions about the position or would like more information please contact Ali Baldwin at 858-410-3936 or by email at email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled