Technical Writer, Subscriptions, Billing & Payments Platform
Modis is working with a premium streaming TV destination that seeks to captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love. They build amazing experiences that celebrate the best of entertainment and technology. They’re looking for phenomenal people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking and embracing fun. It’s a mission that takes some serious smart, intense curiosity and determination to be the best. Come be part of the team that’s powering play. We are an equal opportunity employer and are proud of our diverse and talented group of program managers, engineers, product managers and business team members.
The Subscription, Billing and Payments team is looking for a Technical Writer who will become an important member of the technical team. You will work collaboratively with members of the product, marketing and development teams to make our products easier to use. You will take ownership of the documentation of key systems, assist the team with documentation updates, and contribute to the maintenance of the existing documentation.
What you’ll do
- Write technical documentation for internal or external technical audiences, such as API (REST) reference docs and document functional end-user product for business and product partners
- Organize documentation sets for existing APIs and internal products and tools
- Update existing documentation, and provide mentorship to other team members to improve documentation
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant code samples
- Oversee documentation efforts with development and QA engineers to ensure the software developed matches the technical specifications and vice versa
What to bring
- You have experience working with collaboration tools like Confluence and Wiki
- You have worked on Google Docs, visual editing tools like Lucid Chart
- You are familiar with agile planning tools like JIRA