Modis has a Buyer opportunity available in Scarborough, ME. You will provide routine and varied purchasing duties within the Purchasing Group for the purpose of obtaining supplies, equipment, and production parts. You will purchase non-inventory parts as necessary to support facility or research and development activities. The shift is 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. This is a one year contract opportunity. The salary range is between $25.00 and $29.00 per hour.
Buyer responsibilities include:
• Participates in inventory item purchasing, reacting to appropriate purchasing messages generated by the MRP system
• Works cooperatively with Supplier Engineering to maintain and track accurate on-time delivery data
• Responsible for reviewing and complying with all Supplier Management policies and procedures
• Regularly contacts vendors to determine pricing and delivery data for non-inventory purchase requisitions
• Place purchase orders for non-inventory items as requested via purchase requisitions and for inventory items while maintaining accurate MRP data for inventory parts
• Create Request for Quote packages for new and existing supply contracts to maintain competitive pricing in those areas
• Maintain appropriate records of purchase orders and requisitions in compliance with Quality Management System (QMS) policies and procedures
• Review and update appropriate purchasing documents (SOPs, Purchase Specifications, etc.) as required
• Communicate with all departments within the organization to give updates on pricing and delivery of requisitioned material
• May assist in developing methods and working with vendors in order to reduce costs of purchased parts and/or reduce inventory value and levels and/or increase inventory turns to increase cash flow without impact to manufacturing or quality
• Associate's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• One to three years experience in a purchasing role or equivalent work experience
• Familiarity of MRP systems and purchasing policies
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret basic MRP information. Ability to write business correspondence, relevant SOPs, and reports. . Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, vendors, and the general public.
• Basic understanding of Math as it relates to purchasing
• Ability to solve practical problems. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
• Comfortable contacting vendors to place orders, negotiate pricing, and arrange delivery
Able to read and interpret policies, procedures, drawings and specifications
• Ability to travel from time to time on vendor visits as needed.
If you are interested in this Buyer opportunity in Scarborough, ME then please click APPLY NOW.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please visit https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy/
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.