A contract-to-hire Robotic Weld Engineer opportunity is available in the Columbus, OH area courtesy of Modis. Details listed below.
- Follows instruction and welcomes constructive criticism. Works well with all associates. Follows scheduled tasks and communicates with the leader on progress through project completion. Demonstrates good communication skills with all associates.
- Experience with robotic and manual welding operations, preferably in a manufacturing environment with a high volume automotive application.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and time management skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects on a simultaneous basis.
- Ability to interface at multiple levels and operate within cross-functional teams.
- Strong presentation skills and the able to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office) are highly preferred.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing methods is desirable.
- Experience in designing jigs, fixtures and equipment for machining and welding operations is preferred.
- Develop welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to problems involving fabrication with metals.
SPECIAL TRAINING/ CERTIFICATES
- Preferred: 5P Training, CAD (Solid Edge and AutoCAD), Robot Training (Fanuc), Project Management, and Lean Manufacturing.
- Suggested Additional: Ergonomics, Statistical Process Control, PLC Basic, and CNC Programming, and OSHA.
- Maintain a safe work environment, follow all established safety policies & procedures, & report all safety related issues to a member of Management.
- Lead and support projects ranging in size from small to large in support of new model development and continuous improvement.
- Support resolution of production equipment concerns, including troubleshooting and implementing continuous improvements within cross functional teams.
- Design and implement solutions to production equipment problems from simple modifications to complete equipment design and build issues.
- Resolve capacity issues by process modification or new equipment as directed by management.
- Support of mass production operations, new model development, and special projects as directed by management.
- Hands-On position, involved in on-going production floor activities.
- Maintain project records and documentation.
- Create and deliver effective presentations regarding recommended solutions and alternatives for assigned initiatives.
- Discuss with vendors, staff and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities and project status.
- Special projects as directed by management.
- Support departmental business plan objectives.
- Support department 6S activities.