A Technical Writer job in the Santa Clara area with a leading Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing Company is available courtesy of Modis Engineering. Technically capable candidates to develop and author new products technical documentation for semiconductor equipment manufacturing applications.
Technical Writer job responsibilities include:
- Performs technical publications production duties using agile/ waterfall methodology: page composition and layout, illustration, and technical writing and editing.
- Develops clear written materials to support product development activities.
- Work cross-functionally with SMEs to collect product information and specifications.
- Sources relevant content knowledge from databases, pre-existing documents, tool builds and SMEs to create, develop, update and publish highly accurate and complete product and service documents.
- Collects and organizes technical information and product images, and coordinates layout for publication.
- Develops and author technical documentation adhering to publication processes and style guide.
- Adheres to established terminology, style and editorial quality standards.
- Program management of technical writing projects: ensure program objectives are defined, necessary planning activities (e.g., requirement, schedule and resource estimation, deliverables, milestones, validating and testing, reliability, and risk mitigation) completed to allow for successful implementation.
- Ensure project results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with others to promote innovative approaches and enhance productivity related to quality material development.
- Report on document quality metrics/targets and collaborate with managers to analyze operational effectiveness to meet quality standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences, English, or a related discipline. Master’s Degree (preferred) and ten (10) years working in a technical writing role with responsibility for end-to-end development of documentation for a technical audience.
- Excellent English language verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to work cross-functionally, maintain, and regularly update multiple project schedules.
- Proficient in technical writing applications such as:
- MS Office Suite (Word, Visio, Excel and Outlook)
- Adobe Product Suite (FrameMaker, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- DITA XML proficiency
- Proficient in creating and editing graphics, figures, and illustrations for documents using graphics tools such as:
- SnagIT, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and MS Paint
- Experience with Content Management Systems (CMS) to conduct document reviews and approval using electronic workflows.
- Self-motivated, proactive, collaborative and authentic individual with passion for details and ability to multitask. Must be a quick learner, self-starter and have the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, high-tech environment.
- 5% travel required.
Equal Opportunity Employer