Modis IT is seeking a Junior System Administrator for a permanent position in Titusville, PA. The desired candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, have a passion for continuing to learn and grow in IT, and want to make an impact in an environment where their contributions can be seen and acknowledged. Candidates will provide both day-to-day support on network devices, servers, virtualization, Office 365, cloud, and other infrastructure related systems, as well as infrastructure related projects. Responsibilities:
- Assist with installation, configuration, monitoring, and support of the LAN/WAN, VoIP, servers, network devices, and other infrastructure systems.
- Maintain network hardware and software.
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- Provide support for end-users in multiple locations via phone, remote, and in-person.
- Perform escalated troubleshooting of desktops, laptops, phones, printers, peripheral devices, email, and mobile devices.
- Utilizing reports and observation, assess efficiency of users' software and hardware usage and provide training to employees as needed.
- Install new software applications or hardware on the LAN, coordinating assistance from third party vendors when necessary.
- Add and maintain service accounts on the network; assign application access, ensure security and their configurations are within company guidelines and compliance.
- Assist in installation of workstations and printers on local LAN and remote Branches when assigned the task as part of a larger project or when help desk staff is unavailable.
- Work extended hours, nights and weekends, and be on call as needed for project work and business needs.
- Bachelor's degree or Associate degree with equivalent experience required.
- Experience troubleshooting a variety of network, server, security, and other IT infrastructure systems.
- Experience working with outside vendors and agencies.
- Experience with the following technologies: Windows 7/8/10, Server 2012-2016, Active Directory, O365, VMware, cloud (AWS preferred), routers, switches, firewalls, and storage,
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds.
If you are interested in this Junior System Administrator position in Titusville, PA, then please apply through www.modis.com.