The primary role of this position is to maintain a professional Manufacturing Engineering function within the company. This person will direct and coordinate all aspects of the manufacturing engineering function including the planning, design, setup, optimization, monitoring and reporting on the manufacturing processes which are predominantly electronics, RF and controls modules as well as the wiring assemblies of the positioning equipment products. The person will direct, coordinate and monitor the processes to affect efficient and timely product realization. The person is responsible and accountable for achieving the financial objectives of product cost and timely delivery. He / She will recommend capital expenditures to improve the processes and be responsible for tracking product cost against standards. This manufacturing engineering position involves the procurement, assembly, test and shipping processes of a low volume, high technology, high variation product mix produced in a project driven build-to-order production working environment. Equipment types include RF mixers, multipliers, multiplexers, receivers, position controllers, mechanical positioners, and antenna measurement systems.
• Focus on improvements in product quality, in production efficiency, and in reducing shop lead time during the building and testing of products.
• Focus on quoting material and labor cost to build and test standard products and custom systems to support the preparation of proposals.
• Identify and document electrical engineering related product issues in production. Work with engineering to affect corrective action on these issues.
• Document and coordinate the establishment of assembly methods and test procedures.
• Interacts with Quality on matters of vendor delivered quality and vendor rating systems.
• Measures progress against established standards of performance.
• Recognizes and solves problems affecting production including schedules, staff, quality, and organization of the production line.
• Manages facilities and equipment maintenance.
• Participates in Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
This position may require up to 15% domestic and international travel.
• Establishes departmental standards of performance; quality, cost, and productivity.
• Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; addressing and resolving issues.
• Knowledge of how to use RF test equipment such as vector network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and signal sources for testing electronic products.
• Ability to understand, follow, and improve test procedures.
• Basic electronics troubleshooting skills for identifying defects in RF cables, wiring harnesses, and power supplies.
• Demonstrated understanding of product costing and cost management skills
• Believes in the continuous improvement philosophy.
• Ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance
• Six Sigma and Lean experience is desirable.
Experience Level: 5 years minimum of materials experience including supervision of
electrical assembly functions.
Education Level: Bachelors in Electrical, and/or Manufacturing Engineering (Required)
|EXPERIENCE LEVEL||5 Years minimum of materials experience including supervision of electrical assembly functions.|
|MINIMUM EDUCATION||Bachelors in Electrical, and/or Manufacturing Engineering (Required)|
|TRAVEL REQUIREMENT||This position may require up to 15% domestic and international travel.|
|SECURITY CLEARANCE||Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance.|
|LOCATION||Greater Los Angeles (Torrance, CA)|