A Health and Safety Administrator job in Waco, TX is available through Modis.
Under general supervision of Plant Manager, this position is responsible for planning, coordinating and promoting the plant safety, workers’ compensation and occupational health programs for the site.
This is a contract role on W2. No C2C or Third-party candidates will be considered.
Health and Safety Administrator job responsibilities include:
- Advise site management regarding the establishment of Health & Safety objectives, plan activities to achieve those objectives, and integrate Health & Safety into the site culture.
- Maintain accurate and complete records that meet regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing Health & Safety programs and practices through reviews and data interpretation.
- Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices through work site knowledge, employee interactions and work site inspection.
- Develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures and programs.
- Implement, administer and advise others on hazard controls and hazard control programs.
- Measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard controls and hazard control programs.
- Provide recommendations for correcting safety hazards and unsafe work practices.
- Provide follow-up to ensure implementation of corrective recommendations.
- Assist Regional Health & Safety staff in the quantification, evaluation and control of employee exposure to potential occupational health hazards such as: chemicals & materials, noise levels and other human factors existing in the workplace.
- Conduct on-site activities to control exposures to potential occupational health hazards.
- Assist in the completion of occupational health-monitoring activities to meet regulatory requirements for subjects such as asbestos, silica, hearing and lead.
- Assist in the laser safety compliance activities required by OSHA and State regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing plant performing Health and Safety activities
- Occupational Health and Safety Technologist (OHST) or equivalent certification preferred
- Experience in Safety trainings and audits is a must.
If you are interested in this Health and Safety Administrator in the Waco, TX area then please click APPLY NOW. If you have questions about the position or would like more information, please contact Laura Sanchez at 216-328-5249 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled. The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.