This is a permanent role and not accepting C2C, H1s, OPT, or EAD. Must be able to work Full-TIme without sponsorship at anytime!
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply here today!
Seeking a strong Technical Engineer with strong experience with either Avaya or Cisco phones with experience in project implementation and upgrades!
The Tier III Engineer is a key position on our Technology team that designs, develops and maintains core functionality for customers. While working in a swift and timely manner, the position is the front line for the company’s technical implementations/support initiatives and directly interacts with users to resolve their projects or service issues.
- Practice strong customer service to help foster and enhance our relationships with our clients.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the technology infrastructure, which includes desktop, network, server and voice systems.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology and researches industry best practices.
- Gain and maintain certifications in assigned area of expertise.
- Work with the end user to resolve desktop level helpdesk tickets.
- Coordinate with Technology management to resolve desktop, network, server and voice hardware or software based issues.
- Mitigate future issues by monitoring and proactively resolving issues before they reach a critical state.
- With limited guidance from other project members, create and maintain basic to moderately complex systems for the benefit of internal and external customers.
- Assist in the development of technical application design documents.
- Under limited guidance of other project members, provide initial unit testing of all system changes with the goal of providing a stable production environment.
- Assist project team members in developing scope documents and project estimates.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with customers and business associates to build trust and create successful partnerships.
- Develop knowledge of internal and external customers’ business and help provide options to resolve issues and/or proactively advance organization forward.
- Complete assigned tasks in a timely manner and communicate status to project manager or technical lead.
- Utilize corporate systems to fully and accurately track time and material.
- Track all documentation and communications through Carrier Access IT, LC.’s internal database.
- Understand the impact of projects on both business and technology infrastructure.
- Mentors and coaches for the development of others
- Performs other duties as assigned in alignment with CAI processes & protocols.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ Years in Information Technology or related field.
- 4+ years of supporting Avaya and/or Cisco voice environments.
- Strong understanding of Avaya IP Office and ASBCE physical and virtual configurations.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of SIP, SSL certificates, and session border controllers.
- Preferred ACIS and or ACSS certifications.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of network topologies and networking components including routers, switches, VPN concentrators, and firewalls.
- Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, network and PC operating systems.
- Competence in diverse technology skills, network/server/voice infrastructure design/build/modification and LAN/WAN administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct and direct research into technical issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks efficiently in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to thrive in a culture of growth, change and continuous learning.
- On-call availability.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work in an environment which may require:
- sitting for extended periods of time
- dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other computer components
- occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings
- lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals