At Modis, we use our insight, knowledge and global resources to make exceptional connections every day. With 60 branch offices located strategically throughout North America, we are positioned perfectly to deliver the industry's top talent to each of our clients. Clients choose Modis as their workforce partner to solve staffing challenges that range from locating hard-to-find niche talent to completing quick-fill demands.
Position: Full Stack Engineer
Location: Woodland Hills, CA
Modis Burbank is looking for a developer to work within the development team to assist in the successful delivery of projects. The successful candidate will be a proactive member of the L.A. based gr4o Team, working within a successful agile team and will continually strive for technical excellence in every aspect of the working day. The candidate will work closely with the Technical Team Lead and fellow development team members and participate in the day to day development of one of the digital products.
It is crucial for this candidate to be proficient in C#. React and Java are a must.
- Serve as front-end and sometimes full stack and/or devops engineer Launch and Develop advanced features, including intradepartmental privacy, live streaming, file-sharing, custom touring/events calendar, and custom email services.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, other developers and designers to produce high fidelity wireframes, designs/mock-ups/prototypes for review/iteration/approval.
- Contribute, evolve and maintain development standards and release notes. Write technical user stories and convert these user stories into elegant, highly usable performant interfaces.
- Provide estimates to the required level of accuracy for stories and tasks and provide regular status updates.
- Test deliverables against a user story’s acceptance tests. Create and contribute to updates towards technical documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the commitment and ability to perform quickly and effectively as member of a team, as well as work independently.
- Capable of effectively working and communicating with non-technical internal stakeholders and highly skilled technical development teams in an agile manner to dramatically iterate, develop and deliver in a short time.
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and execute tasks with accuracy and quality in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong drive to learn quickly continue improving skills and to stay on the cutting edge of web technology.
- Capable of learning new technologies and platforms quickly and able to apply them to solve complex problems.
- Ability to deliver solutions quickly from start to finish. Ability to identify areas that can be streamlined or automated.
- Ability to write unit tests when implementing user stories and design and develop code for testability.
- Solid grounding with common design patterns and development best practices.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- Minimum 3 years web development experience (experience in media/entertainment industry is a plus)1-2 years in an agile environment (Scrum and/or Kanban)
If interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply directly.