Modis is seeking a Buyer to represent the organization in coordinating, monitoring and facilitating a variety of activities involved with the procurement of goods and services to support materials planning and manufacturing operations. This person develops and executes commodity strategies, source selection, cost reduction initiatives, quality improvement and inventory management program goals.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates with suppliers to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Manages supplier relationships and maintains alternative sourcing available to provide optimal benefits to the organization. Initiates strategic cost saving purchasing initiatives.
- Works with engineering on new product introductions, including early supplier involvement and to provide material pricing.
- Reports on price variances and support material cost variance analysis.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable materials or services with quality control personnel, manufacturing team members, suppliers and others to determine source of trouble, take corrective action and pursue vendor returns and credits.
- Implements material substitutions as needed, coordinating these with Production to ensure inventory accuracy.
- Manages and continuously reviews the Purchase Order System (MRP), to ensure it is accurate, up to date and consistently meets the requirements of the organization to ensure appropriate delivery dates.
- Facilitates achievement of +99% On-Time Delivery, with no part shortages that result in line stoppages while maintaining acceptable inventory levels.
Acts as the liaison between Sales, Production, Shipping/Receiving, Quality Control, Finance and Engineering on all matters involving materials purchases that involve production and achievement of the shipping plan.
- Responsible for cost data packages, inclusive of obtaining supplier quotes. Develop consignment, LTA and blanket purchase agreements.
- Maintains current knowledge for this position and within the work area through continuing education, subscriptions, certifications and memberships. Specific areas of expertise include American Purchasing Society and APICS.
- Ability to read and interpret prints and drawings
Ability to understand and articulate mechanical and technical specifications
- Ability to do basic math, have the skill to calculate percentages and is good with money
Knowledge and understanding of Supply Chain concepts and applications
Strong phone communication skills and writing skills.
- Ability to conduct productive meetings with an agenda with suppliers, on and off site, including trip reports and/or meeting notes.
- Must be able to maintain confidential information from supplier to supplier and Rotron’s IP
Ability to interface tactfully and proactively with Production, Purchasing, Engineering, Finance Sales and Management personnel within the organization and with our suppliers.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Professional and team-based approach to problem solving and negotiation is required.
- Strong organization and self-motivation skills are required.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Results oriented while maintaining attention to detail.
- Willing to put in extra effort and hours as needed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Oracle
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college in business or supply chain or 5 years of purchasing experience.
- 1 – 3 years related experience and/or training in manufacturing environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid drivers license and qualified to rent vehicles and travel domestically.
- Prolonged periods of sitting and working on a computer
- Ability to legally operate a motor vehicle
- Ability to travel between locations as needed
- Ability to travel domestically to meet with suppliers
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
To read our Candidate Privacy Information Statement, which explains how we will use your information, please navigate to https://www.modis.com/en-us/candidate-privacy
The Company will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records