Business Analyst Positions, Ottawa, ON
Modis has ongoing requirements for Junior and Intermediate Business Analyst positions with both government and private sector clients in the Ottawa area. The successful candidates must possess the following skills and experience:
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience as a business analyst
- Hands on experience developing process flow chart/diagram and documents
- Experience with one or more current industry-standard back-office processes and process mapping
- Computer literacy with mapping, spreadsheets, word processing and database software (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio, etc.)
- Knowledge of data and process modelling
- Experience engaging stakeholders from different areas of the business
- Experience in change management
- Experience training end users
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall
- Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing and ability to describe problems to others, to listen and to manage and influence stakeholders
Tasks could include but are not limited to:
- Organize and facilitate requirements gathering sessions with project stakeholders, team members and end users. Prepare elicitation documents where required (e.g., survey questions)
- Liaise with the business and technology clients to facilitate the development of the business requirements into solutions
- Determine feasibility of the business requirements and alignment to business needs
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems by analysing and developing new approaches to existing practices
- Provide input to the Project Manager to manage the project scope.
The following skills/qualifications would be considered an asset:
- Bilingual (French & English)
- Experience working within the Government of Canada
All candidates must possess a current and valid federal government security clearance at the level of ENHANCED RELIABILITY or higher. Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume in confidence to Erika.Graf@Modis.com or on the Modis Canada website. No telephone calls please.
Modis would like to thank all candidates for submitting to this job opportunity, however, only those with the above qualifications clearly identified in their resumes will be contacted for further instruction and submission to the client.
We’re at the center of exceptional IT connections. Every day, Modis connects premier IT professionals to great opportunities at leading companies. Put our connections to work for you!