Our Regina, Saskatchewan based client is looking for a “Senior / Project Manager” for a 1 year extendable contract role in Regina.
Project Manager is typically responsible for managing either very large IT projects or a number of smaller IT projects concurrently.
- Develop the terms of the Project Statement of Work (SOW) in consultation with the Project Leadership Team.
- Ensure the project is undertaken in accordance with the standards, processes and documentation which follow PMI standards.
- Produce deliverables on time, within budget and to specification ensuring project objectives are met.
- Ensure the work products and deliverables are completed in compliance with technical standards.
- Facilitate integration of project touch points (interconnections) across related projects.
- Monitor and report on project performance: scope, schedule, cost, and quality of project deliverables.
- Identify, monitor and manage risks related to the delivery of the project.
- Providing timely communications and reporting regarding projects risks, issues and concerns to the team, Project Sponsors and relevant stakeholders.
- Organize and facilitate multi-stakeholder workshops, meetings and prepare presentations.
- Work collaboratively with third party vendors and other partners to include their delivery as part of the overall implementation plan.
- Develop project change requests (scope, time and cost) while negotiating and sharing financial implications and/or impact with the Project Sponsor.
- Manage Team health by ensuring conflict is handled and that members receive recognition, etc.
- Identify changes to resourcing requirements.
Qualifications – Mandatory Requirements
- Valid Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2 certification.
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience as a practicing Senior Project Manager across a variety of sectors.
Qualifications – Scored Requirements
- Previous experience communicating complex and highly technical concepts to technical and non-technical people (both written and verbal) with various levels within an organization.
- Previous experience organizing and facilitating multi-stakeholder workshops, meetings and presentations with diverse business interests to reach consensus.
- Previous experience managing teams comprised of employees and contracted resources.
- Proven record of achievement as a Project Manager demonstrating experience in successfully working in a multiple project environment with an ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Previous experience leading projects that involved implementing major changes to business systems and processes.
- Proven record of achievement as a Project Manager demonstrating experience in successfully managing: team resources, systems development, estimating effort and costs, and planning and scheduling project activities.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare or oversee the development of project documents (e.g. Status/progress reports, detailed budget, resource estimates, project plans and proposals, strategies, project close-out documents including transition to operations and “lessons learned”).
- Demonstrated experience recognizing and resolving issues early and thoroughly.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven experience working with all levels within an organization and understanding business priorities.
- Ability to lead and motivate people and encourage collaborative teamwork in an environment with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience using change management methodologies; Change Management certification is considered an asset.
- Experience working within executive levels of the public sector is considered an asset.
“If you are legally entitled to work in Canada & if this is your ideal opportunity, then we welcome you to Modis Family! Please share a copy of your CV with Shruthi.Srirangaraju@Modis.com immediately.”