Duration: 1 year
Our client is seeking an experienced and dedicated Scrum Master for ensuring successful delivery of their customer solutions. The individual in this role would be responsible for overseeing our software development team and working under the Agile Scrum methodology. As Scrum Master you will utilize communication, technical, and organization skills to remove impediments, enhance collaboration, and ensure that the team delivers value to the customer. We are seeking a candidate who has proven leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve, and a track-record of ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met.
Your chief objective is to ensure that the team produces the highest quality software possible providing tangible value to customers. You must have demonstrated ability to effectively coach a software team in an Agile environment. Servant-Leadership, organizational, and motivational strengths are essential.
- Provide proactive leadership for product ownership and software delivery teams using relevant experience
- Oversee design, implementation, QA, and validation of engineering code and products
- Facilitate daily scrums, stand-ups, demo(s) and meetings to monitor project progress and resolve any issues the team may be experiencing
- Create a positive and easy communication channel (team, product owner, stakeholders)
- Contribute to project outlines and timelines and distribute responsibilities to team members
- Shape team behavior through effective management and collaboration via the Agile approach
- Act as a dedicated a servant leader to the team while helping to develop solutions
- Protect the team from outside interruptions and distractions and remove impediments
- Ensure milestones are reached and deadlines are met throughout Agile delivery life cycle
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and program owners
- Document progress and communicate to upper management and stakeholders
- Take responsibility for successful product delivery
- Properly manage the backlog and aid team in determining suitable commitments for product backlog items and sprints
- Address team dynamics, resolve conflict and resource constraints
- Foster a culture of collaboration, creativity and innovation
- Provide input on performance reviews on software development team members
- 5+ years’ experience in information technology (IT) project management
- Recent Scrum Master experience with detailed understanding of and experience with Agile project planning and management methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Scaled Agile, Kanban), workflow process documentation, operational improvement and intermediate financial and statistical analysis skills.
- Experienced in managing multiple teams (avg. size 7-10) and multiple projects simultaneously while meeting goals and objectives through appropriate problem-solving, delegation and decision making.
- Experience on software development teams with a strong understanding of software development and software quality disciplines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/stakeholder management.
- Advanced skills with MS Office Suite including MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Publisher and MS Visio. Plus, technology focused project management tools—e.g., JIRA and Confluence, etc.
- Agile certifications such as Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified or Professional Scrum Trainer (CST, PST) preferred