Notes: Hybrid (Toronto or Montreal)
Our client, a Canadian multinational information technology consulting and systems integration company, is looking for a Java Architect.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Collect, Analyse and Review the Business Requirements Specifications and use cases for customer requirements.
- Design end-to-end IT solutions for projects, integrating multiple systems and ensuring that designs adhere to agreed design standards and methods
- Provide technical leadership on projects, managing application designers to ensure the coherency of end-to-end designs
- Ensure that compliance to design is tracked through the project life-cycle through to deployment
- Manage the solution design throughout the project life-cycle through to deployment, ensuring that any defects are identified and resolved throughout the process
- Ensure that proposed technical changes are assessed appropriately for the impact and cost to IT systems
- Provide technical leadership, governance and architecture guidance and for IT's strategic technical direction in line with the company's overall business strategy
- Act as the contact for Billing application Support Team.
- Analyse, resolve or escalate critical ‘tier 3’ operational issues to relevant teams and own the issue through to resolution.
- Attend cross-functional team meetings to assess business changes that affect the billing systems.
- Troubleshooting any h/w and Application s/w reported problems.
- Ability to analyse and recommend required system performance tuning.
- Understanding requirements and perform the following, :
o QA Requirement Analysis
o Project Estimation
o Impact Assessment
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Ideally, you should possess this experience:
- University degree - engineering or IT/telecoms preferred.
- 7-10 years of Architecture experience
- 3-4 years of experience in cloud based solution is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of Java solutions and telecom business processes is a must
- Architect large systems – providing guiding principles to deployment teams in right-sizing of servers for hardware, databases and applications.
- Ability to map business processes to solution requirements – knowledge of TMForum Frameworx including Open APIs.
- Hands on experience of performing a solution design or enterprise architect's role in a Billing area (Preferable)
- Proven experience in deploying complex projects/programs
- Ability to technically lead complex projects throughout the complete IT lifecycle (Analysis, Architecture, Design, Build, Test & Production).
- Ensure quick turnaround of Customer queries.
- Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
- Knowledge of S/W development processes and methodologies along with project management exposure is desirable and more specifically agile ways of thinking and working
- Product evaluation using standard based framework or through custom developed framework.
- Strong understanding of different Java standards and enterprise framework.
- Strong experience in pre-sales and solution designs.
- Must have experience in RHEL/Unix, Java, Spring, DevOps tools, SQL , Oracle, Datastage.
- Functional knowledge of container platforms Dockers, OpenShift and/or Kubernetes.
- Must have experience and comfortable in application troubleshooting.
- Deep understanding of micro-services architecture and DevOps principles is required
- Should be able to handle Dynamic customer change requests.
- Well equipped with Agile & Waterfall Methodologies.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills.
- Ability to solve technical issues quickly and independently.
- Strong analytical / problem solving ability
- Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills