For one of our pharmaceutical client, we are looking for Innovation Project Manager who will work closely with partner function and clinical trial teams to drive innovative and novel patient and trial technology projects, from design to delivery and implementation as standard practice.
This role is specifically focused on the continued design, development and implementation of Next Generation Trial models. You will join a cross-divisional team to strategies and ensure successful deployment and uptake of these novel trial tools. You will act as a champion in the transition to, uptake and future use of Next Gen Trial solutions.
You will be part of a departmental innovation team, as well as a broader company's innovation community, championing new approaches as well as evaluating and importing new opportunities from outside of the company.
Ideal start date: 01/11/2021
End date: 31/05/2023
Work location: Basel
1. Lead and enable the implementation of modernized and innovative approaches to global clinical trial design/management and group operations, by leading and establishing cross functional teams driving, piloting and evaluating advanced data-driven methodologies, patient centric approaches and practices.
2. Work together with the Head of Clinical Innovation on the planning and implementation of the TM strategic innovation plan, taking ownership of key projects as assigned.
3. Specifically responsible for the continued development, analysis for the use of AI/predictive portfolio management tools, to continue their development as best-in-class for Translational Medicine.
4. Drive successful execution of key innovative strategic projects within Translational Medicine in line with short, medium and long-term strategies. Translate new strategy into concrete objectives, with conversion into cross functional initiatives / pilot pro-grams related to new digitalization.
5. Responsible for the evaluation of new “innovative / data driven digital” vendors and tool providers for analysis and recommendations of use, in line with support of partner line functions.
6. Track and review progress of implementation of next generation operations and analytics tools and ensure they embed and support strategic imperatives as required.
7. Collaborate with other units and divisions on assigned projects in sharing in capability building and resources to facilitate company wide implementation of future clinical trial operations.
8. Evaluate external innovation landscape for Translational Medicine; Explore and evaluate innovative solutions to improve and modernize trial management and operations.
9. Ensure awareness of trends in the industry in the field of innovation in pharmaceuticals and clinical trials by scanning external & internal operational trends and evaluating new innovative technologies and practices to continuously evolve.
10. Champion innovative and digital improvement projects - both per assigned areas of expertise, as well as within local departments.
11. Represent Strategy and Clinical Innovation in global and local forums, and cross-divisional communications and events.
12. Identify areas and critique for process and technology improvements for continuous improvement and connect with internal/external innovative opportunities.
13. Interact with external partners, investigator sites and vendors for studies using novel approaches to ensure smooth implementation and proof of value.
Education (minimum/desirable): PharmD; BSc or Matura level degree in life sciences or related field, with significant related experience in pharmceuticals/technology.
Business-level oral and written English
Experience/Professional Requirement: 1. Minimum of 8+ years of experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry / clinical drug development, with a demonstrated experience in working directly on clinical trial improvement/operations projects.
2. Passionate and deeply knowledgeable about innovation frameworks, constructs, and innovation strategies.
3. Preferable strong understanding of drug development, clinical trial operations, and relevant functions.
4. Demonstrated experience in successfully working within and multi-diciplinary and cross-functional teams successfully.
5. Operational project management experience including excellent planning, prioritization, problem solving and organizational skills. Track record of successfully managing multiple complex projects concurrently.
6. Expertise in constructing business/value cases along various verticals and through different “lenses” (e.g., quality/time/cost, people/process/technology, startup/conduct/closeout, etc.).
7. Experience in design/setup of portfolio management systems, including the User Interface (UI).
8. Understanding and direct experience with working with AI or predictive based tools for a broad end-user population.
9. Well-developed interpersonal skills, ability to successfully interact with and influence a wide range of people, building strong positive relationships.
10. Strong and demonstrated success with customer orientation awareness and focus, particularly focused on development of new tools and methodologies.
11. Used to working independently and in a team environment, being flexible and adapting in a changing environment.