9 months contract for a leader in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Oversight of primary Transportation and primary Warehousing in the EMEA / APAC region.
- Responsible for EMEA / APAC Transportation Management and Primary Warehouses.
- Engage with key stakeholders in EMEA and APAC.
- Action identified trends in EMEA / APAC and implement improvement
- Monitoring and driving continuous improvement plans with Transport service providers, and Primary warehouse providers.
- Creation and review of Regional Transportation SOP’s.
- Contribute to transport service providers business reviews.
- Manage transport service providers performance and adherence to KPI’s.
- Transportation cost control.
- Analyze & Monitor road, sea, and air transport performance and ensure continuous improvement leading to sustained delivery excellence and GDP compliance.
- Work with the Global Temperature Control team to implement new shipping systems and solutions.
- Perform Lane analysis and be first point of contact for internal stakeholders for New Product Launches.
- Manage transportation deviations (damages, temperature deviations, etc.)
- Contribute as Transport SME’s and support other functions such as EXM, Customs and Trade and Quality Organizations.
- Work on Strategic projects as required by Senior Management to Re-Engineer EMEA / APAC network.
- Accountable for performance of all Regional Transportation operations (including warehousing steps where appropriate) from any API to finish product movements across the internal and external network until the reception at in-market DCs/Hubs.
- Lead monitoring of regional internal SLAs and Metric and leads effective coordination of communication to Region/Markets regarding primary Transportation performance in alignment with Global transportation roles.
- Drive and consolidates budgeting, reporting, audits requirements and business processes at the regional level.
- Representative Regional/Global forums
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business or equivalent.
- Must have 5 years of experience managing partners in a regulated environment.
- Knowledge of the Guidelines on GDP of medicinal products for human use.
- Logistics expertise.
- Management skills required: primary point of contact for 3rd party operations and contracts.
- Communication skills: proficient presenting to Top Management level both internally and to partners.
- Able to negotiate autonomously several contract aspects.
- Preferable to have experience and skills in leading, managing and development of teams.
- Progressive experience in various supply chain management roles.
- Background in Global Logistics & Distribution Management.
- Experience in Cold Chain Management, and strong Knowledge of Contract Management.
- Experience in SAP.
- Professional certifications such as APICS, PMP, (PMI and Six Sigma) certifications are a plus.
- Open to travel approximately 20%.