We are recruiting, on behalf of our client, an experienced analytical chemistry supervisor to join an international company.
This position is a permanent position and you will be responsible for the management and development of a team of quality control technicians in chemistry.
Strategy Design and Execution
- Participate in the design of tactical and operational plans for the site function and execute Quality Control tasks in your assigned area(s) of activity in order to meet quality control objectives.
- Supervise QC Analysts in executing chemical, physical testing or sensory evaluation of raw materials, intermediates and products as identified by the current Company specification for the item.
- Monitor both team and individual performance and workload.
- Escalate issues to top management and communicate rejections and in-formation updates to key contacts in Quality, Operations, Purchasing and Customer Care as needed.
- Responsible for the maintenance of test equipment, identifying future resource needs and dedicated test space for the Raw Materials, Finished Goods and GC labs.
- Lead the identification and implementation of improvement opportunities in QC, set proactive measure to prevent issues.
- Execute the program(s) within approved budget.
- Coach QC Analysts in achieving safe, correct and efficient completion of assigned work and drive the development and promotion of local QC talents within Operations.
- Contribute to the execution of annual HRs processes within the local QC organisation.
- Work with local Operations management and HR Business Partners to develop a talent pipeline for the local QC organisation.
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science or related discipline.
- Overall work experience of 5+ years in a similar position in people management.
- Previous background in Sensory Evaluation and Analytical QC required.
- Proficient in systems, procedures and techniques for laboratory operations (e.g. weighing balance, Densitometer, Refractometer, Moisture balances, Karl Fischer Titrator, Sieve testing equipment, GC).
- Proficient in production methods and quality control systems and procedures in manufacturing facilities.
- Broad based knowledge of product technologies and applications.
- Broad based knowledge of ingredients and products safety principles, global standards as well as regulations.
- Knowledge of ingredients and products labelling regulations.
- Knowledge of sensory principles and understanding of the data analysis of sensory results.