For one of our clients located in Zug area we are currently looking for a Release Train Engineer/Scrum Master who will be expected to support the team(s) and Execution Management Sub-Chapter (EMC), by removing impediments, helping both team(s) and EMC to grow, learn and develop, improving what we do every day through relentless improvement. As a member of EMC, the Scrum Master contributes to the definition and implementation of processes, practices and ways of working that ensure the teams, ARTs and EMC reach their highest sustainable performance.
The perfect candidate:
We are a looking for a senior candidate who can handle senior stakeholders and is able to do stakeholder management on a very experienced level. The background should be diverse within the medical device industry, collecting experience as Scrum Master within several programs, projects or organizations.
• Start date: ASAP
• End date: 6 months
• Extension: possible
• Workplace: Zug area
• Workload: 100%
• Remote/Home Office: hybrid model: home office/ on-site work
• Travel: No
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Live, coach and help the team to embrace the company's principles, values and mindset.
• Coach the team to adopt and apply practices based on the SAFe framework.
• Help the team to develop and live Scrum or Kanban aligned with the EMC and enforce team, ART and Capability ways of working.
• Establish team dynamics, culture and mindset which enables the team, the art and all team members to reach their potential.
• Remove impediments to the team and team’s delivery.
• Facilitation of a healthy relationship between the team and product owner and ART as well as others outside the ART.
• Protecting the team from non-value-add interference, interruption and especially distractions.
• Encourage the team to participate in the co-creation of ART, Capability and DSC ways of working
• Be an advocate of the team’s point of view in the co-creation of ART, Capability and DSC ways of working.
• Facilitate the team’s progress towards team goals.
• Lead and facilitate team efforts in relentless improvement to build a high performing team.
• Facilitate the Scrum or Kanban events.
• Support the Product Owner to manage the backlog.
• Coach the Product Owner to understand and practice agility.
• Promote quality practices and assist the teams in constantly improving the quality of their deliverables and meeting the Definition of Done (DoD).
• Support inter-team cooperation in the Agile Release Train and help the team to operate well on the train.
• University degree (min. Bachelor) in any of the following areas Business, IT, Engineering or equivalent field
• A minimum experience of 5 years as a Scrum Master
• Diverse background and experience in different project environments, in programs or organizations working in the Medical Device industry
• Experience with multiple (3+) Scrum teams in a single program
• Experience Design Sprints and Design Thinking
• Expert knowledge of Scrum and/or Kanban, Lean and one or more Agile scaling models (SAFe, LeSS, DAD)
• Ability to coach multiple teams at the same time (operational coaching – no people management)
• Communication to senior stakeholders & management
• Experience in device development (considering also HW and not only SW), and business context
Budget & resource planning
• Perfect skills in English spoken and written