We are recruiting on Behalf of our client a Manager Demand Planning and Performance for pharmaceutical products portfolio.
You are looking for a new professional career in Supply Chain, working on products with a high added value and would like to have an impact on Patients’health?
Join Modis Life Science Switzerland for the next step in your career!
Contractor role – 2 years
Purpose of the role:
Manager Demand Planning will partner with Marketing, Operations and Finance to develop an accurate demand unit forecast for the in-line products, new late-stage development products, new product launch including channel stocking. Additionally, he/she will support development of an operational long term projections to drive strategic business decisions. This role includes participation in cross functional project teams to develop/sustain best in class Demand and Supply Chain methodologies and is responsible for developing strong collaborative relationships with partners at all levels, while maintaining company values to achieve strategic initiatives.
The incumbent will also lead projects and process improvement initiatives with regional/ global impact.
- Manage shipments unit forecast for commercial, Tenders, Clinical Trials and samples through the use of data analysis, advanced statistical methodologies including ML for Prioritized Products
- Manage Mature Products sales forecast and Exceptions via our team in Pune with Local Market Partners to gather Marketing intelligence for Mature Products.
- Lead the monthly DCM (Demand Consensus Meeting) process with cross-functional forums across affiliates, drive the discussions to reach a consensus forecast
- Work with markets to ensure that the appropriate internal /external market intelligence is used when developing the forecast by leading up Demand Consensus Meetings with Product Managers, Finance, Market Contacts and BI&A in-market teams.
- Effectively utilize internal systems in an integrated fashion (including BI, APS and IBP) to improve data integrity.
- Reconcile variances and refine the operational forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions
- Support the development of global demand consolidation and drive improvements in the forecasting process.
- Update and monitor key performance indicators and diagnostics to ensure continual forecast improvement efforts and prepare written analyses, documentation, reports and other data of a quality requiring minimal supervisory review
- Provide focus and direction for projects that improve forecast effectiveness across the Enterprise Strategy and Performance team.
- Support launch readiness status for new products and line extensions by providing sales forecast, distribution channel and Market strategies.
- Effectively contribute in organizational change to drive innovation and enhance productivity & effectiveness of the supply chain.
- Support Market S&OP Meeting as part of the S&OP process through a regular update on Market’s demand changes and trends.
- Partner with Commercial Finance teams and Supply Organization to prepare for company’s long range planning process and annual budget planning
- Document the Gaps between Finance and Forecast and share them with Market Management, BUDs and Product Managers through Demand Consensus Meeting minutes.
- Provide APS / Finance forecasts comparison for Prioritized Products on a monthly basis highlighting major variances as well as providing root cause analysis
- Monitor forecast KPI’s: Forecast Accuracy, Forecast Bias and Volatility investigate significant deviations from Target and establish plans for improvement.
- Set and maintain relevant master data and Models in SAP/IBP related to forecasting according to Product Life Cycle stage and the Market expectations.
- Navigates through a regional and culturally diverse organization.
- Leverage relationships, processes, systems and data to drive value, customer service and financial effectiveness
- Develops strong relationships and communication processes within the organization including Finance, Marketing and Global Supply Chain.
- Demonstrates cultural sensitivity and an understanding of the global practices where business is conducted
- Influences and makes decisions through fact-based analysis and understanding of product and process characteristics and network constraints; adds value to the quality and effectiveness of the global supply chain network.
- Business travel (10 to 30% of the time) is required for the position.
- 3-5 years related Experience with information systems that apply to Forecasting and Supply Chain management.
- Experienced with information systems applicable to quantitative analysis.
- Project design, development, leadership and management experience.
- Proven record of driving performance with solid project management skills
- Influenced others who do not directly report to them. Produced results with limited financial and human capital resources.
- Demonstrated ability to take risks and make rapid decisions.
- Very well organized, autonomous and proactive problem solver, managing priorities with commitment to quality
- Excellent analytical, communication, critical thinking and problem solving skills required and attention to detail
- Ability to deal with complex and ambiguous situations
- Experience in working within a global and culturally diverse organization and demonstrated ability to perform in a fast paced, changing and demanding environment.
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to organize and present information
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or an equivalent education
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical or Consumer Products Industry and appreciation of the competitive environment and its impact on driving change in the organization.
- Knowledge of GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practice), regulatory requirements, Company policies/procedures, and documentation practices
- Understanding of statistics and quantitative analysis techniques.
- Understanding of product forecast and replenishment systems.
- Appreciation of Performance Metrics and their value in influencing supply chain results.
- Understanding of regulatory, social, and economic developments that may affect the business.
- Excellent PC and systems skills – highly proficient with MS Office suite (Excellence knowledge of MS Excel, Power Point and competence in MS Access), SAP/Business Warehouse.
- SAP R/3, S4 Hana, BW, and SAP APO or any other advanced DP System
- Understands the planning operational workflow (MPS, MRP, forecasting) and how sourcing decisions impact site planning operations.
- Working knowledge of Project Management tools and techniques (Gantt Charts, Critical Path, Microsoft Project, TeamSpace Central).