For one of our clients in the Zug region we are currently recruiting a Technical Writer / Documentation Manager for a 12 Months contract with the option of an Extension.
This position is a hybrid position including tasks of a technical writer as well as a documentation manager. The perfect candidate has a professional background in technical writing or at least 2 years of professional experience in technical writing.
- Writes and updates end-user documentation and service documentation in English while respecting project timelines and documentation standards, guidelines, and templates
- Independently gathers and consolidates the information needed for technical writing.
- Cooperates closely with the Documentation Manager, project teams, manufacturer, and subject matter experts
- Independently creates and modifies illustrations as required
- Organizes the subject matter expert review of the deliverables produced; documents and implements their input
- Collects input for documentation updates and produces these updates in close cooperation with the Documentation Manager, subject matter experts and project teams
- Ensures that quality targets, timelines, and regulatory requirements are respected
- Actively contributes to the risk assessment process for assigned products, ensuring that all relevant product risks and their mitigation's are described in the documentation
- Plans, coordinates and monitors the contributions of all documentation project team members to ensure project delivery
- Plans and aligns the initial project budget with line management and the Business Area
- May be responsible for translation management tasks: manages translation activities with external agencies and coordinates the translation review process with affiliates
- Manages CAPA related updates and documents corrective measures in CAPA tool
- Min. Bachelor’s degree in technical writing or in language studies, journalism, sciences or similar with relevant work experience
- Min. 2 years proven experience in technical writing
- First Experience with Ixiasoft, Schema ST4, or a similar Component Content Management System
- First Proven experience with Adobe FrameMaker (XML-based) or a similar structured authoring tool
- Knowledge of multimedia tools and processes used in state-of-the-art technical documentation
- Excellent spoken and written command of English (native speaker or equivalent level)
- Ability to communicate in an international environment with subject matter experts from different functional areas