Our customer, an international energy company, are seeking for their WISTLING project an Senior Structural Lead Hull to location Stavanger or Oslo, future location at Hull Yard in South East Asia – Assignment until August 2024 + option for extension
Application deadline is August 5th
Only candidates who are already located in Norway or came directly from “green countries”, will be evaluated, due to the Covid19 situation!
The Wisting Production Licence (PL537/537b) is located on the Norwegian Continental Shelf (NCS) in the Barents Sea, approximately 300 km off the northern coast of Norway. The area is characterized by lack of existing infrastructure, a relatively harsh Arctic climate and a vulnerable marine environment. The development concept involves subsea facilities tied back to a cylindrical floating production unit (FPSO) for storage and offloading to shuttle tankers. The development project aims for an investment decision within 2022 and a start-up of oil production in 2028.
Role and responsibilities
- Lead the structural discipline in FEED and execution phase
- Follow up analysis and design of the hull structure
- Secure technical integrity and barriers in design and execution within structural discipline
- Ensure compliance with relevant standards, regulations and technical requirements
- Follow up Contractor(s) to ensure deliverables in line with scope of work, budget and schedule
Tasks and deliveries;
- Perform risk-based follow-up of Contractor(s) to ensure deliveries in line with scope of work, budget and schedule. Provide Contractor(s) with input, clarifications and maintain contact as necessary.
- Contribute to internal project evaluations and documentation e.g. Design basis, Technical and operational requirements and guidelines (TORG), functional specifications, technology assessments and qualification programs, risk register.
- Provide input to procurement activities within own discipline e.g. ITT documentation and process, equipment packages, long lead items, company provided items (CPI) as applicable.
- Contribute to planning and executing assurance activities. In particular, in execution phase, establish and follow up contract for 3rd party verification of load-bearing structures.
- Ensure necessary dialogue with interfacing disciplines and contribute to resolving interface issues in a timely manner.
- Within own discipline, drive engineering efficiency, secure safety in design, design-to-cost and constructability.
- During execution, support construction field engineers and take responsibility for decisions within own discipline within set timeframes, e.g. interdisciplinary input, handling of queries (TW/SQ/CQ).
- Handle relevant change proposals and requests to depart from a requirement in TORG and contract (non-conformance requests (NCRs)/DISP) within set timeframes.
- Follow up delivery of life cycle information (LCI) within discipline.
- Ensure experience transfer between projects, operations and discipline network.
- MSc in relevant technical area !
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience !
- Good structural analysis and design knowledge
- Familiar with recognized structural analysis software tools
- Familiar with relevant Company and NORSOK requirements, and other internationally recognized standards, including Maritime regulations.
- Experience from relevant phases of development process
- Fabrication experience is an advantage
- Good multidiscipline and interface understanding.
- Strong SSU focus
- Commercial mindset (“know your numbers”)
- Team Player
- 01.09.2021 – 30.08.2024, and option for extension 4*3 months
- English (Norwegian an advantage)
- Onshore (Forus/Stavanger or Fornebu/Oslo) – Future location at Hull Yard in South East Asia
- Non-commuters will be preferred if they have the right competence, but commuters will be accepted
We can offer:
- Competitive marked compensation
- Membership in our benefit program
- Close follow-up/career guidance
- Pension and Insurance
If you are interested, please register your CV as soon as possible at: www.modis.no for this position. We look forward to receive your application together with your updated CV which shows that your skills meet the competence required, together with two references and availability date.
We evaluate incoming applicants on an ongoing basis!
For questions please contact Jannicke Wilhelmsen, firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 975 01 788
Tech-selskapet Modis formidler de beste innen IT og ingeniørfag til attraktive selskaper som gir deg utfordringer på høyt faglig nivå. Ved å koble talenter med krevende oppdragsgivere skapes muligheter vi kanskje ikke kjenner til i dag, men som i morgen vil bidra til utvikling og vekst. Det er her Modis kommer inn. Modis er en del av Adecco Group, en av verdens ledende aktører innen bemanning og rekruttering. Med rundt 35 000 konsulenter bistår vi 8000 klienter i 20 land over hele verden.
Modis Norway har kontorer i Oslo, Drammen, Bergen og Trondheim og har i mer enn 30 år levert bemanning og rekruttering av ingeniører og IT spesialister.
Vår visjon er å muliggjøre en smart og bærekraftig morgendag. www.modis.no