This position focus is on Electromagnetic simulation aspects and application, from flow development, modelling and interference analysis. Flow aspects are based on industrial commercial tooling of well-known EDA vendors in the market.
In this role you will develop flows and methodologies based on the above commercial tools, and deploy it for the different design applications, and later in the design cycle compare it with silicon measurements, and continue with improvement possibilities. These flows and methodologies will be used in the different design projects to assess electromagnetic models for die, package, PCB (Printed Circuit Boards) and antennas. You would also need to bring the existing flows and methodologies to next level and provide consultancy and support for the design projects and products of the future.
Your key areas of responsibility will be derived from the following elements, based on requirements and customer specifications:
- Collect customer requirements for electromagnetic methodologies and modelling in close cooperation with the requesting design teams
- Develop and improve flows and methodologies that will be used for electromagnetic simulation
- Cooperate with EDA vendors (improvement requests, tuning of the flows) in sync with the EM and Interference team
- Create electrical models using EM simulator of relevant parts of the system (IC, package, PCB, antennas)
- Document findings in a form of technical reports and provide recommendations to the design teams
- Close the loop with measurements, closely cooperating with verification/validation teams
- Contribute to the overall improvement of the existing simulation methodologies
Additionally, you can also contribute to the following activities:
- Develop / maintain a broad knowledge of technical developments in the domain
- Provide first-line and expert support on EM simulation tools to the design community
- Develop EMC/Interference analysis test benches and run what-if analyses
- Contribute with the findings to improve RF designs of the future (Radar, 5G/6G designs, Radio, …).
Our Client provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 35 countries, over 45.000 employees and a revenue of over $10 billion.
Department / Project
The Design Enablement organization, in Eindhoven, is a part of the central organization Engineering sector that provides Reference Design Flows, Design IPs and hands-on consultancy and support to IC design teams within the company. Within Design Enablement the Analog Design Enablement Department employs the expert team with a strong focus on electromagnetic simulations supporting analysis of RF and microwave circuits, with special focus on Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) and interference aspects.
- Master/Bachelor Degrees in Electronics engineering, Physics and/or an equivalent proficiency in electromagnetic simulation and interference analysis
- Industrial experience is a plus in Analog and RF domain (design, package and PCB)
- Excellent skills in Electromagnetic 2.5 / 3D simulations, specifically with available commercial tools
- Knowledge of Cadence Virtuoso OA design environment is highly recommended
- Familiar with the Analog – RF IC, IC package, PCB design process in general
- Excellent communication skills and team player
- Proficient in communicating and writing technical documentation in English
- Able to work in a dynamic environment
Please contact Kerry Barclay: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information