You will become part of the Software domain within the Product Circle in the Eindhoven region. As an Embedded Software Engineer you will take a hands-on role in helping us design the world's first commercial solar car.
Tasks & responsibilities:
● Good knowledge of Embedded Software Architecture, best practices of Embedded Software Development processes, Tools and how to apply these
● Design and implement parts of the embedded software for the systems in the Lightyear One
● Be responsible for properly documenting their software and designs
● Able to adapt and work within different systems using the Systems Engineering approach.
● Follow Agile Methodology for Software Development
● Implement unit and integration tests for software following the Test Driven Development approach
● Develop software with the understanding of target embedded peripherals, port that to the target platform and validate it
● Ensure the quality of the software by following automotive standards
Results & expectations:
● Independently design and implement embedded software to control
● Collaborate with other teams to achieve proper integration of embedded software
● Software is fully qualified and of high quality (unit tests, integration tested, static analyzed and style checked)
● Experience with the interaction between electrical/electronics, mechanical and software systems, multi-discipline
● A proven track record in complex software projects, can someone tell more about the projects done?
● Software is well documented and clearly explained, documenting skills
● Become a valuable team member that contributes and reviews the work from other team members.
● Flexibility of people to rise expectations of the work needs to be done to achieve the results/milestones in challenging situations, no 9-5 mindset
With this challenge, you get the opportunity to work for a company with a pure and meaningful mission. A mission that will make a positive and lasting impact on future generations.
● Bachelor or Master degree in Embedded Systems, Computer Science or equivalent
● Bachelor preferred 5+ years and Master or PhD preferred 3+ years of fulltime experience at a company
● C/C++, Python, Matlab (preferred)
● Agile Methodology, Software design (UML), unit testing, continuous integration, Git, CAN protocol (preferred)
● English is mandatory and has to be excellent in word and writing. Dutch is preferred
● Work with passion and be willing to put in the extra bit
● Be meticulous in their work
● Be open to learning and flexible
● Work under pressure
● Team player
● Excellent capabilities to have a helicopter view and to make decisions even when all information is not available
● Problem solver
● Teaching skills
● Strong communication skills
● Critical Thinking
If you have any questions about this role, don't hesitate and please contact Brord van Hees, Experienced Recruiter Modis
Mobile +31 6 57 83 62 51; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org