The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for first establishing the coding requirements at the block, sub-system or system level.
Software is then crafted to our client's standards including code review process as deployed by team management.
Development of code and associated features is to be tracked with traceability matrix.
How this is done can vary per management team.
Support for code integration, test and system validation acceptance testing is required at every phase of development. Software development engineers use common development methodologies including Waterfall and Agile. Typically programs in assembly language and embedded C/C++.
The Software Engineer is responsible for:
- The design of complicated parts of software blocks.
- The testing of the implemented software.
- The quality of the implemented software.
Location: Eindhoven. Remote/onsite: 3 days onsite at Eindhoven mandatory
Our client provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 35 countries, over 45.000 employees and a revenue of over $10 billion.
Skill set (Must to have):
- Ability to independently handle requirements, design, development and testing phases of embedded software development.
- Strong C/C++ programming skills
- Knowledge of configuration management tools such as GIT.
- Effective communication skills and a team player.
- Experience using test equipment (Oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, protocol analysers, debuggers etc. to debug the hardware software interface).
- Requirements management tool (e.g. DOORS).
Skill set (Good to have)
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as Python.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and Atlassian tools.
- Experience with vector programming.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor or Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience, preferably in a semiconductor development environment.