Project & Responsibilities:
- Their Mobile Robotics team uses components to create reference designs for different modules required for commercial drones, UAVs and rovers. In cooperation with partners and open source community, they have created a complete reference design for drones, on which we continue to build and add new features.
- To meet future requirements, safety and security of the HW and SW components will become increasingly important, so the team also works on more long term innovations to bring these elements to the Mobile Robotics market
- The SW ENGINEER will be part of the team, implementing and integrating safe and secure drone related SW/HW solutions
- Future assignments maybe include also addition of AI technologies into the mobile robotics application
- We expect a hands-on contribution, helping to design, test and debug the reference design, but when needed also create demos or proof-of-concepts for new innovations
Our client provides High Performance Mixed Signal and Standard Product solutions that leverage its leading RF, Analog, Power Management, Interface, Security and Digital Processing expertise. These innovations are used in a wide range of automotive, identification, wireless infrastructure, lighting, industrial, mobile, consumer and computing applications. A global semiconductor company with operations in more than 35 countries, over 30.000 employees and a revenue of over $9 billion.
The Automotive System Innovations team is part of the Central Technology Office.
They drive innovation on system level for the automotive businesses in applications like ADAS, radar systems, in-vehicle networking, battery management systems as well as mobile robotics. They foresee that artificial intelligence through embedded neural networks will often provide a significant part of the ‘smartness’ in the products for these markets.
They innovate by combining technologies, IPs and products from different entities and by participating in collaboration projects with customers, universities and research institutes. Together with the Business Lines, they anticipate future technology trends and gather innovative system and application insights for the BL roadmaps by developing innovative automotive system prototypes, often in co-operation with external partners and customers. Where possible, they support new business development / new markets across BLs, leveraging technologies and competences.
- MSc or PhD in a technical specialism, like Computer Science or relevant disciplines
- Proven experience in software engineering
- Affinity with hardware-software integration for embedded systems on Linux.
- Broad experience with embedded software architectures, build systems, version control systems.
- Broad experience with Operating systems GNU/Linux, embedded systems, development boards, and processors, and SW competencies as listed below
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal /written). Experience in working in/with multi-site and multi-cultural projects/teams.
You might also have:
- Knowledge of Electronics design which helps to solve issues on the intermediate layer HW-SW
- Familiarity with semiconductor and/or automotive field
- Hands on skills for embedded systems development on different architectures and operating systems.
- High level demo application development in C++ and C
- Integration of external software libraries and components, including extension of build systems
- Solid programming experience of C,C++, Python and Bash programming languages on Linux systems
- Working with cross-compilation toolchains for ARM
- Knowledge of build systems (YOCTO, OpenEmbedded, etc.)