We are looking for a part-time (20 hours a week) Secretary / Administrative Assistant (M1) to join our Modis Aerospace team, working onsite at the European Space Agency in Harwell, United Kingdom.
Specific tasks to be performed:
- Day-to-day support to Unit personnel regarding business travel arrangements, leave management, coordination of training.
- Dealing with incoming telephone calls and information requests.
- Analysing incoming correspondence and documentation and managing distribution of outgoing correspondence and documentation.
- Provision of various logistic support to the Unit.
- Arrivals (office, phone, computer, security, access to databases, information systems) and departures (deregistration, etc.) of Unit personnel.
- Ordering of office supplies and maintenance of stationary.
- Room and resources bookings for meetings and/or events falling under the responsibility of the Unit.
- Administration and handling of shipment of goods and express mail.
- Tasks related to documentation management, distribution/registration of mail and documents.
- Organization of agenda and of meetings.
- Maintaining documents libraries for the Unit, including maintenance of change log, distribution lists, issue information notes to concerned users.
- Maintaining and following up actions lists for the Unit and taken minutes of coordination meetings for the Unit.
- Participation to organisation of events (e.g. workshops, conferences) as required.
In addition to the above that correspond to standard activities in support to an organisational unit, the work package may also cover the following tasks:
- Support to the Project Review Process.
- Support to visitor service: including access control, preparing visa applications, distribution of information material.
- ESA site administration: including periodical update (e.g. daily) of site schedule, updating and distribution of the site telephone list.
- Participation to the preparation and the publication of internal and external documents, including editing and proofreading.
- Data collection, extraction from various Corporate applications (e.g. SAP, PRISMA) and from various internal sources and data consistency checking and coherence analysis.
Specific for ECSAT:
- Pro-actively supporting the ECSAT Site Manager in following up of actions, and interfacing with nominated external partners
- Minute writing support for meetings called by ECSAT Site Manager, according to need
- Ad-hoc support to the ECSAT Site Manager in restructuring the document set-up for the unit, or other secretarial tasks as and when needed
Modis Aerospace is a specialized Engineering consultancy with more than 30 years’ experience providing aerospace Engineers to our key partners in The Netherlands. Modis is a long-standing business partner of the European Space Agency (ESA), with more than 120 employees recruited from across Europe currently supporting ESA’s activities.
About ESA ECSAT
The European Centre for Space Applications and Telecommunications (ECSAT) is ESA’s new facility in the United Kingdom. It is based at the Harwell Science, Innovation and Business Campus in Oxfordshire.
ECSAT is the most recent addition to ESA’s operational sites across Europe. First opened in 2009, ECSAT will be developed by ESA following agreements reached between the UK and ESA in November 2012. ECSAT will support activities related to telecommunications, integrated applications, climate change, technology and science.
To successfully perform the above mentioned tasks, the following background / experience is required:
- Proficient in the English language, both written and spoken; knowledge of another official ESA language is and asset.
- For site specific functions fluent knowledge of the local national language is also required.
- Highly proficient with modern electronics office automation tools in particular Microsoft Office suite and electronic mailing (preferably Lotus Notes).
- Familiarity with ESA working environment in a similar position is a distinct advantage.
- Professional in all dealings with ECSAT staff, contractors and visitors
- Highly flexible, efficient, well organised and have an eye for detail
Please send your CV to email@example.com before 17/02/2020