The function of Scientist at BTS falls within the Animal Health Science and Technology department which is part of the manufacturing division. Development, transfer and troubleshooting of production processes, as well as management of small projects or project deliverables within a larger project will be the main focus of the function.
Within a multidisciplinary environment you will cooperate with (international) colleagues from R&D, Manufacturing, Quality, Regulatory and Supply Chain.
Your key tasks and responsibilities:
- Participating and leading projects focused on development, optimization and transfer of vaccine production processes from seeding stage to completion of vaccine production.
- Planning, executing and reporting of experiments related to (for example) a process development or an investigational project.
- Technology development; new alternatives for our current processes.
- Providing process engineering and technical knowledge in projects and research on production related topics
- Reporting and presenting project (progress) reports.
- Interacting closely with fellow scientists within own and other departments
- Participating in Global BTS projects and aligning with stakeholders from other departments
Our client is one of the biggest (bio)pharmaceutical companies in the world. The location in Boxmeer has built a lifelong expertise in the development, production, packaging, sales and distribution of medicines for both pets and farm animals.
Bio Technology and Support (BTS) is responsible for process development of production processes for bacterial and viral antigens as well as vaccine manufacturing (freeze drying and liquid formulations) processes for new vaccines (R&D pipeline). Moreover, BTS is responsible for remediation and improvement of processes of commercial vaccines and project management for all types of projects related to process and analytics in the manufacturing and quality space. The global BTS team has worldwide representation and closely cooperates with Manufacturing, Quality and R&D.
Functie-eisenOn your CV we find the following information:
- BSc or MSc in or related to bioprocess engineering, bacteriology, microbiology or virology with experience in working in a Biopharmaceutical production or lab environment.
- You have theoretical and practical knowledge regarding USP and DSP technology for biopharmaceuticals at laboratory and manufacturing scale
- Preferably quality management and GMP knowledge in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience in SAP and Lean Six Sigma (MPS) is an advantage.
- Able to analyze complex situations and find adequate solutions.
- Hands-on scientist being able to cope with temporary stress and deadlines.
- Fluent in English and Dutch in speaking and writing or willingness to learn Dutch
You are a good teamworker who can organize their work independently working for multiple projects simultaneously. You are able to work in a highly educated environment. You are persuasive, decisive, flexible, accurate and proactive.
Employment for 32 – 40 (preferred) hours per week starting at an innovative company for 12 months initially. You will be working at a multidisciplinary team of Life Science professionals. You get the opportunity to develop your professional skills. Modis continues to innovate and stimulates new ways of working. In addition to getting a lot of freedom, you also get the necessary responsibilities. This way you are encouraged to continue to develop your ambitions and expertise. In this way we can grow together.
How to applyPlease tell us who you are and what motivates you! Send your application using the application button on this page.
Do you want more information first? Please contact us on email@example.com or 040 – 7999 010.